(Poll) Little Favre: The McCloughan Prophecy Is Nigh

Mind Character

Less Than 24 Hours Before The Draft, Who WILL (NOT WHO YOU WANT)... Who WILL We Take Mayfield or Darnold?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Less Than 24 Hours Before The Draft, Who WILL (NOT WHO YOU WANT)... Will We Take Mayfield or Darnold?

• King Baker Mayfield of Little Favre-ian
    • King Sam Darnold of San Clemente

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Mike Mayock, Todd McShay, Ben Allbright and Lane Adkins all say Sam Darnold.

Only people saying Mayfield are guessing trying to get clicks before they run out of time.

....I really hope this post doesnt come back to bite me.

Or Steve Wyche the embedded journalists football lifer who is close to Mike Silver who tweeted him publicly then moved it to privately... "you're not going to believe what I'm hearing... text me back before you head out to Cleveland."

Now, Wyche says it's Mayfield...

Nathan Zegura... Mayfield...

Aditi... Mayfield...

19 minutes ago, bruceb said:

It would be.

Many mention Brees and Wilson as comparisons.

Brees only sniffed R1.

This draft is a defining moment for the Browns.

And the QB pick at #1 will define Dorsey.

Man, no way I would want to go there.

passer-ratingpng-9cfb7795c6fe521a.png

In the last 30 years there are at a maximum 2 QBs under 6'1 that were drafted in the 1st round that failed. That is assuming you consider Micheal Vick a failure, if not then it is just Manziel. Wanna know how many QBs 6'1 and over drafted in the 1st round in that span have failed? A lot.

To be fair those are the only 2 under 6'1 drafted in the first round in the last 30 years. We all know Brees and Wilson are good/great QBs. Tom Brady was a 6th rounder. Mistakes are made. Evaluations are wrong. You don't fail on draft day selecting a 6' 5/8" QB, you may eventually but not on draft day. There is nothing about Mayfield's height that will cause him to fail. The difference in height between Wilson and Mayfield is the same as the difference between Mayfield and Darnold. It has been way overstated. As far as general population in the U.S. Wilson is an inch taller than the average man.

33 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Or Steve Wyche the embedded journalists football lifer who is close to Mike Silver who tweeted him publicly then moved it to privately... "you're not going to believe what I'm hearing... text me back before you head out to Cleveland."

Now, Wyche says it's Mayfield...

Nathan Zegura... Mayfield...

Aditi... Mayfield...

So after all of the smoke to prevent leaks Hue still managed to run to Silver the first chance he got after strict orders not to.

Either way, Mayock is close friends with Dorsey and said on NFL Network he has been texting back and forth with Dorsey all week, he then released his mock draft today with Darnold at #1 sooo I dont know what to believe

16 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

If it’s Mayfield Hue jackson is clearly not in the plans past this year. 

Not sure how you are coming to this conclusion since ideally no matter which QB it is, they don't see the field in 2018.

7 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

6’1 right ? I can deal with it. How big are his hands though ? Bigger then Darnold ?

9 1/4" and Darnold's were a little larger. 9 1/8" are my acceptable level and 9 1/4" is the start of no issues with hand size. So Darnold has the advantage in height and has a little larger hands but Baker is acceptable in both areas to me so it only holds a slight value advantage for Darnold. If you think both translate equally in the NFL you go Darnold.

Archived