(Poll) Little Favre: The McCloughan Prophecy Is Nigh

Mind Character

Less Than 24 Hours Before The Draft, Who WILL (NOT WHO YOU WANT)... Who WILL We Take Mayfield or Darnold?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Less Than 24 Hours Before The Draft, Who WILL (NOT WHO YOU WANT)... Will We Take Mayfield or Darnold?

• King Baker Mayfield of Little Favre-ian
    • King Sam Darnold of San Clemente

2 hours ago, matt27j said:

Great photo and idea...hit my gut seeing the Cavs thing. Could be another Browns move to not draft Darnold. That being said, destiny is destiny. If we do take Baker at least it's going to be a fun ride with his personality. Everybody already hates Cleveland and he'd instill that CLE vs the world attitude which could be good. 

We need a guy with enough confidence to overcome a terrible history. If Darnold would fold pass him off to a better situation for him. If Baker's got the swag we need a la Johnny let's roll the dice.

It's one thing I actually liked about the Johnny pick at the time, although I overall hated it, but before we knew he was a complete delinquent I loved his me vs. everybody attitude and thought that would be great for the Browns.  I don't think Baker shares those same concerns and I think that his nature is a great fit for an organization that inherently gets so much crap.

Now we just need to hunt down and sign Lawrence Vickers and we'll be knocking other teams heads off.

I'm still not convinced. Dorsey wouldn't show his hand like he did. I still believe this was a long elaborate scheme, and it culminated when he showed his staff the "draft board." I think there's plenty of plausibility in the idea that this was not the *actual* draft board Dorsey will use come 8pm. By showing his entire staff, and telling them Mayfield is the guy, he knew word would get out just in time to cause a pre-draft ruckus. I believe it's tricks like these that ultimately led to his departure from KC.

Another indicator of this: despite Schefter's report that staff members (such as coaches) of other teams believe it's Baker, Ian Rappaport has said that opposing GM's with relationships to Dorsey (they have an idea of how he works) do NOT believe it will be Mayfield.

So we'll see, but I am still holding out hope. 

On 4/25/2018 at 10:04 PM, Mind Character said:

There are those of us that read the book of Dorsey...The prophecy foretold this.... then Darkness shall sweep over the Ohio Lands for one last time before the Great, Final Cataclysm....

Congrats on nailing the Mayfield-Ward Exacta

Archived