1st Round Draft Talk

KingTitan

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Figured we'd create this to talk about our 1st pick and the action of the first round. 

I predict 83% of the forum will be disgusted with our fist round decision. lol

I think the only surprise at this point would be a major trade up. Otherwise any position we pick at 25 or trading down I can't imagine any real reason to be up in arms (except maybe TE in the first...). 

All I know is for the first time in what feels like forever, probably 2008 with CJ, we are in a position to truly just go BPA. Sure OLB, ILB and S need improvement but if we had to go with who we have today we'd still be competitive. Drafting from a position of strength is how teams like the Pats, Steelers, etc stay on top so long. Go get a good talent regardless of position. Excited to see how it pans out. 

Draft day Titania. For the first time in a long time I am not really excited about the draft. I guess the Titans picking in the 20s for the first time in over a decade did it for me. I really want JRob to trade back (if he can find a trade partner and a good deal). In about 12 hours Jerryworld will be buzzing.

We probably need some QBs to slip so that teams in front of us maybe take one that helps some players we could use fall to us. I think we are in a tough position at 25 to hope for someone unexpected to fall that far but you never know we have seen stranger things on draft day before 

1 hour ago, VY-FTW said:

Im more excited to see how the top 10 goes tbh

I actually trust Jrob so Im not to worried about our pick!!! I think we killed it in FA and we can go anyway we want really... 

As a fan it’s going to suck knowing the Titans won’t pick probably until 10:30 11 EST and waiting all night to see what we get then we end of trading out and having to wait until tomorrow potentially to pick 

3 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Im more excited to see how the top 10 goes tbh

I actually trust Jrob so Im not to worried about our pick!!! I think we killed it in FA and we can go anyway we want really... 

I am kind of in the same boat. I am excited for the draft, but at the same time I don't have the normal level of excitement that I normally have specifically for the Titans. I think it's a combination of picking so late, trusting JRob and crew to make a smart pick, and the fact we don't have a single glaring need like we have had in years past so I haven't gotten my heart set on a specific player. Either way, draft weekend is always one of the best!

Archived