1st Round Draft Talk

KingTitan

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I've falling for Evans more and more. He played the edge for one of those seasons while waiting behind Foster and company. 

This is a completely genuine question, what role does Evans play in the 3-4? He seems to have most of his success blitzing, but looks more like a 3-4 ILB than OLB when I watch him. He's got to be an inside backer that rushes pretty frequently right? I watch him and I just can't imagine him as a pure rush linebacker.

Honestly going into this offseason I only saw two BIG needs on the team. A rb with some quickness and speed and a true number one CB!!!!! We got both imo so I haven't looked at players in this class at all besides Barkely but Ive been watching him for a while LMAO and obviously we arent getting him so I really dont care what we do

First time in a long time that I can just enjoy the draft and not worry about us messing up LOL!!! WHAT A TIME BABY HAHA 

1 minute ago, VY-FTW said:

Honestly going into this offseason I only saw two BIG needs on the team. A rb with some quickness and speed and a true number one CB!!!!! We got both imo so I haven't looked at players in this class at all besides Barkely but Ive been watching him for a while LMAO and obviously we arent getting him so I really dont care what we do

First time in a long time that I can just enjoy the draft and not worry about us messing up LOL!!! WHAT A TIME BABY HAHA 

Interesting, I saw rush OLB as our biggest need by far.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This is a completely genuine question, what role does Evans play in the 3-4? He seems to have most of his success blitzing, but looks more like a 3-4 ILB than OLB when I watch him. He's got to be an inside backer that rushes pretty frequently right? I watch him and I just can't imagine him as a pure rush linebacker.

I see him as whatever we need. I don't know what our defense is going to look like. lol

Just now, KingTitan said:

I see him as whatever we need. I don't know what our defense is going to look like. lol

Yeah, there is that. I guess, in my mind, he's probably a third ILB and OLB. Probably rotates fairly nicely with Brown and Woodyard and can come in on the edge when Morgan/Rak need a breather. I'm not necessarily against him, just watched him on Tuesday and he struck me as a tweener without a true position in a 3-4.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Long term, definitely. Honestly, for this coming season, I think I still have wide receiver at the top of my list.

Aaahhh I got you. Then I definitely agree with you. Not a scary WR core at all

Just now, titans0021 said:

Yeah, there is that. I guess, in my mind, he's probably a third ILB and OLB. Probably rotates fairly nicely with Brown and Woodyard and can come in on the edge when Morgan/Rak need a breather. I'm not necessarily against him, just watched him on Tuesday and he struck me as a tweener without a true position in a 3-4.

I try to think of Mosely in Baltimore's defense. Then I think of some of the LB's in Houston.  Then I think of Rob Nick in NE. lol  I don't know.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I try to think of Mosely in Baltimore's defense. Then I think of some of the LB's in Houston.  Then I think of Rob Nick in NE. lol  I don't know.

Ninkovich, at least early on, seems like a pretty solid comparison actually.

Archived