NFL Draft Day thread (picks are game upon television announcement)

Forge

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'm at the 7 PM show with my girls, but I'll break the rules and have my phone on vibe and track it (I'll see Avengers again lol).

But yeah, moving up the premiere 1 week was painful for me.   We can safely say the Marvel Execs are in the 2 percent of Americans who don't consider themselves NFL fans.

It was like a power move by Disney to throw down. Like, "we are bigger than you, NFL...@ us" 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It was like a power move by Disney to throw down. Like, "we are bigger than you, NFL...@ us" 

It's not so much that as most big movies like this will outdo something as small as the draft on one night. Like these highly anticipated movies probably all sell over 95% of their available seats on premier night anyways so if 10% of fans don't go to watch the draft instead, others will fill in those spots. This same thing applies to the NHL and NBA playoff games today.

They would probably get demolished by the Superbowl though.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Yes, a rather egotistical corporation to say the least...I could see something along this line actually discussed in their decision to move the release up.

4 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

It just occurred to me that the draft and Avengers drop tonight, wonder how many viewers that will take away from the NFL.

I doubt very much. Being on the west coast, I'm going to see it after the draft. Most other NFL fans will jsut wait until the weekend. They won't skip watching the draft (a one time event) to see the movie extra early.

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Jets pick at 3, I got a 10:30 showing for Avengers so I’m all set. 

I hope they trade back in the 20s, it's what you deserve for being into super heroes after the age of 14. Pick up something manly, like Star Wars!

Archived