NFL Draft Day thread (picks are game upon television announcement)

Forge

Andrew Brandt was the Packers cap guy for years and he shares some great Draft Day stories.

Here's his favorite from the chaos that happens right after the draft -  as teams scramble to sign UDFAs:

And my favorite story: I once told a player we would sign him for a $500 bonus. His answer was, and I quote:

“Well, I only have about $100 now, but I can get you the rest in about a week.”

“No,” I answered, “We pay you.”

5351055862avatar

Anyone else staying away from twitter, ESPN, NFLN and anything sports related until 8pm?  I know the plan is for the networks to not tip any picks but I still need to stay away from those savages of Schefter, Mortenson, Rappoport and god knows who else.

1 hour ago, fin156 said:

Anyone else staying away from twitter, ESPN, NFLN and anything sports related until 8pm?  I know the plan is for the networks to not tip any picks but I still need to stay away from those savages of Schefter, Mortenson, Rappoport and god knows who else.

Allbright is safe to follow.  He’s had quite a day lol. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

I legitimately feel bad for him.  They don't need to keep hammering him over it.

Meh, life of a public figure. Good chance to grow some thick skin. It's easy to brush off, "I was a dumb kid being edgy. My teammates know that's not me." Done deal.

Archived