How soon/will Allen Robinson and Telvin Smith get extended?

pwny

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

Seems Tom is still not ready to commit to the idea of publicly acknowledging the intent to get the deal done. Do they end up getting done at all? If so, when?

Believe Ryan O said that usually "We'll see" is a positive sign from a guy like Tom.

Im still skeptical Telvin gets inked (it'll piss me off, have his jersey and love watching him play out there) but as long as ARob goes out and produces theres no way he doesnt get locked up.

2 hours ago, MoJo122-b-21 said:

I'd love to see Telvin extended before the season starts. If he's the player most think he'll be this season, he's going to break the bank.  

I’m not sure he’s going to cost that much. I mean he’s really good, but 4-3 Will LBs usually aren’t that expensive. 

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why? Because Jaguars?

Apparently we would rather see us have loads of cap space instead of lock up ARob and possibly Telvin? Lol.

Unless they refuse to sign a deal I see no way ARobs camp and the Jaguars dont get something done. Telvin im not certain about but thats because we dont seem to value that position highly based on some reports so if hes expecting to break the bank then...

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Apparently we would rather see us have loads of cap space instead of lock up ARob and possibly Telvin? Lol.

Unless they refuse to sign a deal I see no way ARobs camp and the Jaguars dont get something done. Telvin im not certain about but thats because we dont seem to value that position highly based on some reports so if hes expecting to break the bank then...

I mean imagine you’re Allen Robinson. You think you’re good enough to be a 1,400 yard receiver consistently. But this past year, you didn’t even break 900 yards. Maybe this coming year, you do the same. And the team doesn’t even win games. Now they’re likely bringing in another rookie QB that you have to watch have growing pains. Do you stay? Or do you see if you can go play alongside a Mariota, Luck, Wilson, or Winston?

Then imagine you’re Telvin Smith. You want to be a leader. It’s in your blood to lead. The players listen when you lead. And they clearly need someone to step up and lead. But the coaching staff keeps shunning you every time you try to lead and trying to seemingly shut you up. Do you stick around? Or do you go try to join a team like the Raiders, Colts, Eagles, Washington, etc. who could really benefit from a young defensive leader?

There’s a legitimate possibility that neither of them get extended this year. And if ARob barely hits 1K because of Bortles struggling, he may not even get a Franchise Tag. 

31 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I mean imagine you’re Allen Robinson. You think you’re good enough to be a 1,400 yard receiver consistently. But this past year, you didn’t even break 900 yards. Maybe this coming year, you do the same. And the team doesn’t even win games. Now they’re likely bringing in another rookie QB that you have to watch have growing pains. Do you stay? Or do you see if you can go play alongside a Mariota, Luck, Wilson, or Winston?

Then imagine you’re Telvin Smith. You want to be a leader. It’s in your blood to lead. The players listen when you lead. And they clearly need someone to step up and lead. But the coaching staff keeps shunning you every time you try to lead and trying to seemingly shut you up. Do you stick around? Or do you go try to join a team like the Raiders, Colts, Eagles, Washington, etc. who could really benefit from a young defensive leader?

There’s a legitimate possibility that neither of them get extended this year. And if ARob barely hits 1K because of Bortles struggling, he may not even get a Franchise Tag. 

So you're saying if Arob doesnt hit 1k he will leave because Bortles struggled, doesnt wanna deal with a rookie or bc he wants to play for a winner?

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So you're saying if Arob doesnt hit 1k he will leave because Bortles struggled, doesnt wanna deal with a rookie or bc he wants to play for a winner?

I’m saying it’s a very real possibility that ARob would want to play somewhere that his potential can be reached. And that may not be here, due to our QB situation. If that’s the case (and maybe it isn’t, maybe he likes other things about the team), he very well might be gone.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

I’m saying it’s a very real possibility that ARob would want to play somewhere that his potential can be reached. And that may not be here, due to our QB situation. If that’s the case (and maybe it isn’t, maybe he likes other things about the team), he very well might be gone.

Finally get a good WR that isnt a moron and he leaves. That would hurt

20 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Didnt sound that way when he talked about extension talks. We dont have the track record to just let key talented players walk out the door for nothing. I think Coughlin and Marrone know that. We paid  an OL that was part of a below average OL top marker money.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Didnt sound that way when he talked about extension talks. We dont have the track record to just let key talented players walk out the door for nothing. I think Coughlin and Marrone know that. We paid  an OL that was part of a below average OL top marker money.

How many players have ever really said they didn’t want to be with their current team though? Aside from clear head cases, basically no one says they don’t want to be somewhere, but lots of guys leave for other opportunities.

22 minutes ago, iPwn said:

How many players have ever really said they didn’t want to be with their current team though? Aside from clear head cases, basically no one says they don’t want to be somewhere, but lots of guys leave for other opportunities.

Doesnt change the rest of my post though. Coughlin and co. know what they have. Worst case is a tag. 

Archived