2018 Ravens Draft Weekend Thread

drd23

Just now, Mancunian Raven said:

I always like it when Mike Mayock point blank refuses to go along with Rich Eisen's attempts to stir up a controversial story. His disdain for that side of the media is so satisfying.

Flacco's agent has already come out and said that this was expected and Joe knew. Joe is one of the classiest guys in the NFL. He just didn't want to talk with the media. 

On a side note. Unless Joe has a phenomenal year, he's all but done in Baltimore. As a post June 1st cut we save 18.5m against the cap and can split the 16m of dead money in year 2019/2020. 

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

Flacco decided not to go to fan fest to avoid any QB question nonsense and Rich tried turning it into a controversy. 

The brain trust on the Ravens subreddit are currently painting it as Flacco being unprofessional and whiny, sore that he's going to lose his spot. Yet also, somehow, as evidence that he doesn't care.

But of course Joe will be upset, especially because he can already predict the media going gaga over Jackson. And the most professional thing he can do is to avoid even the chance of giving them any tasty soundbites.

5 minutes ago, Mancunian Raven said:

I always like it when Mike Mayock point blank refuses to go along with Rich Eisen's attempts to stir up a controversial story. His disdain for that side of the media is so satisfying.

I was just about to say, I love how Mayock always craps all over Eisen's dumbass.

4 minutes ago, Mancunian Raven said:

The brain trust on the Ravens subreddit are currently painting it as Flacco being unprofessional and whiny, sore that he's going to lose his spot. Yet also, somehow, as evidence that he doesn't care.

But of course Joe will be upset, especially because he can already predict the media going gaga over Jackson. And the most professional thing he can do is to avoid even the chance of giving them any tasty soundbites.

I'm just happy Flacco actually has to try now and that he will get taken to the woodshed by everyone if he continues to just coast through the years. I don't care that he's not talking to the media, I just am glad he's feeling the pressure.

37 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I wonder if ESPN will actually show the Ravens final pick here, considering it’s Ozzies last draft.

I’m sure they’ll just cut to a commercial break instead.

So that is what happened for NFLN.

Archived