2018 Ravens Draft Weekend Thread

drd23

12 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Same here. I like him. The stuff with his sexual preferences doesn’t bother me, but what does bother me is that he reminded me of Dwayne Bowe when he mentioned something about a rap career that he was pursuing while doing a combine interview. He just sounded like a distracted person in need of some serious guidance, else 5 years later we’re liable to see something like this...

On the other note, Bryce Love. I’m absolutely on the bandwagon. I had him ranked very highly when I thought he was coming out this year. His running style and profile reminds me of Priest Holmes.

Just think how hard it would be to try to contain the explosiveness and stop the speed of Lamar and Love.

3 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Just think how hard it would be to try to contain the explosiveness and stop the speed of Lamar and Love.

The only thing comparable would be Vince Young/Chris Johnson during those years where Young was a pro bowler and Johnson was eyeballing Eric Dickerson’s rushing record. With the big hosses we have upfront, such a running tandem could hit 2500 yards. Throw in a play action dynamic that has two tight ends that can get deep seam separation and receivers that can take the top off.??

There only way to describe the calamity would be with dirty talk not meant for this side of the internet.?

@Darth Pees Whenever the Seahawks make wacky picks, do the analysts and personalities in the area do the old "Well remember X/Sherman/Kam etc". Kind of like their own "Trust In Ozzie ", because some of the fan's heads must be spinning after abandoning the line once again.

25 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

@Darth Pees Whenever the Seahawks make wacky picks, do the analysts and personalities in the area do the old "Well remember X/Sherman/Kam etc". Kind of like their own "Trust In Ozzie ", because some of the fan's heads must be spinning after abandoning the line once again.

I would say it's not like "okay remember Kam/Sherman" or "just trust the process", it's more of they will find any stat/video/analysis to make it seem like the pick was good. For example, with the Penny pick, although it was universally hated at first, after a couple hours tweets started popping up where they were showing how many forced missed tackles Penny had and how it was better than Saquon so he must be worth a 1st round pick. That kinda thing. Then it turned into everyone sharing the one highlight video of him dragging a Hawaii guy who was tackling him with one arm for 8 yards as an example of why he's better than Saquon Barkley.

Different approach, same overall goal. But I will say they were pretty critical of the Penny pick and the fact that they avoided OL, whereas other than Jack Z., who always speaks his mind, nobody seemed to do anything but gush over every single Ozzie pick.

EDIT: They also didn't like the Will Dissly pick, especially in the 3rd round. Pete Carroll basically just said it was because finding a blocking TE is "hard" and that was it. But every single one of them loved the Shaquem Griffin pick (obviously). Another thing is for the Ravens there's just really nobody on Twitter to follow for us. I mean we don't have a Mina Kimes (ESPN personality) or a very popular SportsNation account. I used to follow Lindsey Ok but she's just a homer and kind of unbearable at times. We need more people on social media for the Ravens who are knowledgeable to talk about the team, write about the team, and get social media followers.

15 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

lol He could've tossed us a pick for one of ours.

Yeah and I mean how many skinny OL prospects are there out there who can be turned into blocking TE's? Idk, I mean I watched UW a lot this past year and Dissly never jumped out at me as doing anything.

Archived