WTB Final Mock Before Draft Night

What_The_Buc

I want to go on the record and say I believe Derwin James will be the pick but after Bucsfan333 mock I decided to switch a few picks around. 

1. Quenton Nelson - 6’5 330lbs - LG - Notre Damee
    * Elite guard prospect with outstanding size, rare power and a block finisher who can make tape room sessions uncomfortable for most opponents. Nelson is technically sound and is unlikely to face a long adjustment period once he gets into the league. Nelson may need to make sure and keep his play speed high and prevent against taking his eyes off of his target when coming off the ball. Nelson has the traits and talent to become an All-Pro guard for years to come. - Lance Zierlein

* ”He's so unique because he's big, but he's not fat. He's one of the best run blockers I've ever evaluated, but he's not a liability in pass protection [like] Mike Iupati is. He's also an alpha who can bring and ***-kicking mindset into your position room." - NFC team personnel executive

2. Isaiah Oliver - 6’ 200lbs - CB - Colorado
    * Oliver possesses an outstanding combination of size, speed and length and those traits are highly coveted by NFL general managers. There are coverage holes in Oliver's game and he needs to play with increased toughness, but he's just scratching the surface of what his talent could allow him to do on the next level with more experience and technique work. Oliver has a high ceiling as a bump-and-run, lockdown corner, but might benefit from a limited role his rookie season. - Lance Zierlein

*Buccaneers trade a 2019 2nd round pick to Kansas City for the 78th overall pick

3. P.J. Hall - 6’1 310lbs - DT - Sam Houston State 
    * What Hall lacks in height, weight and length, he makes up for with power, quickness, and explosiveness. Hall has the quickness and strength to be disruptive against the run and pass as a shade nose or reduced front three-technique. His level of production in every category imaginable could foreshadow his ability to translate into the NFL, but he will have to prove he can maintain his weight and stand up to the rigors of the interior with bigger men across from him. - Lance Zierlein

(P.J. is the guy in the orange helmet)

4. John Kelly - 5’9 205lbs - RB - Tennessee
    * Kelly is a little undersized but is a tough runner and capable pass catcher who has the potential to play all three downs if needed. He can add additional yardage with plus contact balance and an ability to push through tackles, but his average burst between the tackles and around the edge could mean hell have to live the life of a grinder. Kelly is a solid committee back with the ability to handle full-time duties if called upon. - Lance Zierlein

5. Marcus Allen - 6’2 210lbs - SS - Penn State
    * Allen is a punishing, downhill banger with good size and the attitude of a linebacker in run support. He's a little limited in terms of his lateral movement and agility and is at his best when allowed to flow downhill. Tape appears to show a lack of long speed and his forty time seems to back that up. Allen's game is a little limited, but he has the toughness and tackle production of a future starter who does his best work near the line of scrimmage. - Lance Zierlein

6. Darious Williams - 5’10 185lbs - CB - UAB 
    * Williams finished his senior campaign with the Blazers with 50 total tackles (4 for loss), 15 pass breakups, and five (!!!) interceptions resulting in one pick-6. He finished 2017 ranked No. 2 in Conference USA for interceptions made, and No. 1 in passes defended. - SBNATION

* Williams’ finished his pro day workout with a 4.44 second 40-yard dash tied for NO. 9 among combine top CB performers, a 39” vertical jump tying for second-best CB jump at the combine and a 6.84 second 3-cone drill would’ve put him at NO. 10 among CBs at the combine. - SBNATION

6. Justin Watson - 6’4 225lbs - WR - Penn
    * Big, productive receiver with good football character who has upped his draft slotting with a eye-opening pro day. Watson dominated cornerbacks in the Ivy League, but may not have the suddenness to get off press or the acceleration to uncover against tight man coverage. His size and ball skills are intriguing, but he'll need to prove this his athletic testing can carry-over onto the field. He's a likely day three selection whose size, speed and explosion numbers could give him a bigger push than expected. - Lance Zierlein

*Buccaneers resign Charles Sims, RB, after the draft.

1 minute ago, What_The_Buc said:

Thanks! I originally had the same first three picks as you but decided to shuffle some things around. I’m so excited for tonight! 

I've seen a bunch of mock drafts for us and no two are alike. ?

We've got ~12 hours until we're on the clock.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I've seen a bunch of mock drafts for us and no two are alike. ?

We've got ~12 hours until we're on the clock.

My nephew was born at 7 this morning so there’s that! Now Derwin at 7 and the day will be a slam dunk!

(Chubb,Nelson, Barkley would also do)

Archived