Shad Khan may become the new owner of Wembley Stadium

I know people will freak out a little about this, but I agree with the notion that it is a billionaire continuing to invest. Wembley is one of the biggest and prestigious stadiums in the world and Khan can continue to market both the Jaguars and Fulham there without moving either team.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

"If my ownership interests were to include Wembley Stadium, it would protect the Jaguars’ position in London at a time when other NFL teams are understandably becoming more interested in this great city. And the stronger the Jaguars are in London, the more stable and promising the Jaguars’ future will be in Jacksonville."

I love Khan.

The optics obviously isn't good as far as the national media is concerned. But as long as Khan continues to invest in downtown, I think we're in pretty good shape since moving the Jags would be a sure fire way of losing money.

I think it does open up his options long long loooooong term if London becomes a viability

1 minute ago, Speedyg said:

The optics obviously isn't good as far as the national media is concerned. But as long as Khan continues to invest in downtown, I think we're in pretty good shape since moving the Jags would be a sure fire way of losing money.

I think it does open up his options long long loooooong term if London becomes a viability

By that time you would hope all these renovations being down to downtown JAX/around the stadium would be in full force or done.

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

By that time you would hope all these renovations being down to downtown JAX/around the stadium would be in full force or done.

That's why I emphasized the long. Let's face it, the Shipyards project is what will tie him to Jacksonville.  That gets built and there's almost zero chance he moves the team because he's effectively killing his own big money investments. 

That said,  the Shipyards project still has a lot of hurdles to clear before it becomes a reality. And the city doesn't exactly have a great track record as far as an ambitious project like this. 

Archived