Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Dream scenario, take whomever is there you like best among Landry/Davenport/LVE/Edmunds at 14.

Trade up in the 20s to target Alexander, Hughes or Jackson.

Every media member thinks Gute's splash will be trading up from 14. The bigger splash to me is trading back into the 1st round ala his predecessor. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Works done, took off tomorrow, beer is out, buddy is picking up wings and I bought every style of chip and dip ever made. Ready for all these spoils to be ruined and becoming the first paid member of www.firegute.com.

I wanted to drink during the draft but then I remembered I'm going to a 12:35 a.m. showing of Avengers. >:(

I'm not overly enthused over Landry and Davenport.

Its clear that Landry has excellent flexibility and speed around the edge but his other aspect of his game is severely lacking. Despite being physically well put together he lacks elite size for the position.

Davenport is completely the opposite. Elite size and plays with power but looks way too stiff moving around.

If I had to chose it would be Landry all day long but he is not a top #15 prospect.

Would rather we get the very best player at #14 then try our luck getting a solid edge prospect in the later rounds. That guy is going to be stuck behind Perry and Matthews anyhow and he would be afforded time to develop before seeing the field.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I saw a midnight showing of the 2nd Pirates of the Caribbean hammered in HS, can confirm I still enjoyed it.

Yeah, not worried about the watching it hammered or peeing all the time part. More worried about the fact that I gotta drive there. ;)

Archived