Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Here are the guys I’m looking at with 45:

- Dallas Goedert, South Dakota State

- D.J. Chark, LSU

- Tyrell Crosby, Oregon

- Will Hernandez, UTEP

- James Daniels, Iowa

- Harold Landry, Boston College (pending medical)

-  Kemoko Turay, Rutgers

- Malik Jefferson, Texas

- Ronnie Harrison, Alabama

I really want a pass rusher, but we are getting to the point where there are only projects. It’s interesting Laundry is there still. He must have worse medicals than originally perceived.

I think wr is the choice round 2.AR needs another toy and there are a few who could contribute. Kirk has been one of my guys I’ve been pounding the table for round 2.

I also wonder where the trade up happens? I can’t see us using 2 4s and 4 5s.

7 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Would you give up your 2019 first round pick (yours or the Saints), for the Browns second round pick this year (either the first or third pick in round two) ?

If there was a player I liked, of course. Vegas has NO and GB with the 7th and 8th best super bowl odds so, both picks will likely be in the 20s.

12 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Would you give up your 2019 first round pick (yours or the Saints), for the Browns second round pick this year (either the first or third pick in round two) ?   

No way! The talent in next years draft is amazing and if the saints miss the playoffs we will be so happy with who we can get.

Just now, pacman5252 said:

If there was a player I liked, of course. Vegas has NO and GB with the 7th and 8th best super bowl odds so, both picks will likely be in the 20s.

I believe the Giants were expected to be Super Bowl contenders as well this last year, that division is tough and is constantly crowing a new division title. I think Atlanta is the better team

Great draft so far. There is more then enough talent left that GB should nap a starter round 2. Players I want:

Connor Williams: Bulaga replacement

Austin Corbett/Will Hernandez: Starting G

Jackson / Oliver: Boundry CB

Landry/Hubbard/Carter/Key/Nwosu: OLB depth

Sutton/Kirk/Chalk/Miller/Gallup: WR depth

Goebert/Gesicki/Guice/Jones: nice offensive toys

thats 20 prospects I’d love in 2nd. All you cry babies think losing a 3rd for a first is not remarkable value, your crazy. Ask Cleveland how their Texans 1st served them. 

On a side not, I’d love to see Bryant sign a 1 year deal with GB today, because I’m on a packer high. And I’d be just as happy to cut his a$$ like Bennett mid season, god that felt good.

2 hours ago, moretti19 said:

I believe the Giants were expected to be Super Bowl contenders as well this last year, that division is tough and is constantly crowing a new division title. I think Atlanta is the better team

I agree with what you’re saying. Id only do it if there was a guy we coveted though that is still there with a first round grade. 

In this hypothetical, I’d rather trade our pick too. We won 7 game with a lot going wrong. NO had abnormally good health last year

Second round is all about two players for me: Harold Landry and Lorenzo Carter. IMO, those are the only 2 EDGE guys left I'm confident have a significant impact in year one. We need to get one of them. We can't go ANOTHER year without adding juice to the EDGE position. 

Personally, I'd be aggressive and go get Landry. We already got an extra 1st round pick. Why not call Dorsey and trade up to 33 and give Cleveland our 2nd rounder next year (start by offering our 3rd next year, but I'd be willing to give up our 2nd if needed). Then draft Landry. Landry is a difference maker, we've all said it. I know there are some "medical concerns" with him out there, but I heard the same stuff last year about Carl Lawson, a guy we passed up twice. I say go all out for Landry. Then use our two 4th round picks to trade up as high as we can get into the 3rd (probably latter part of the 3rd) and draft our WR. 

The rest of the draft is gravy from there. 

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Second round is all about two players for me: Harold Landry and Lorenzo Carter. IMO, those are the only 2 EDGE guys left I'm confident have a significant impact in year one. We need to get one of them. We can't go ANOTHER year without adding juice to the EDGE position. 

Personally, I'd be aggressive and go get Landry. We already got an extra 1st round pick. Why not call Dorsey and trade up to 33 and give Cleveland our 2nd rounder next year (start by offering our 3rd next year, but I'd be willing to give up our 2nd if needed). Then draft Landry. Landry is a difference maker, we've all said it. I know there are some "medical concerns" with him out there, but I heard the same stuff last year about Carl Lawson, a guy we passed up twice. I say go all out for Landry. Then use our two 4th round picks to trade up as high as we can get into the 3rd (probably latter part of the 3rd) and draft our WR. 

The rest of the draft is gravy from there. 

That’s a RIDICULOUS overpay.  I’d offer them 4.101 and one of our 5ths at most.

Archived