Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Just now, CWood21 said:

That’s a RIDICULOUS overpay.  I’d offer them 4.101 and one of our 5ths at most.

A 2nd would be an overpay. A 3rd would be about right if you count on GB's 3rd next year being in the late 20s at the earliest. I'm fine overpaying to go get a guy who I think is a difference-maker. No different than what Saints just did with us. We acquired another No. 1 pick, why not use one of our high picks next year to go get another 1st round talent in 2018? 

When Gute traded down yesterday, I said they were targeting a CB. I was worried it was Hughes. Pumped when they traded back up a little and got Alexander. He was my number 2 CB! Now hoping for a WR or another CB in round 2. I would be thrilled with Oliver, Chark, Miller, or Sutton. Who do you like? 

7 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

Shut the **** up with that ****. Our backup QB was exposed but our roster is one of the best in the league. We swapped the face to appease the shortsighted crybabies but the same handful of guys are still making the decisions as it should be.

Hostile and wrong. Our roster is average at best minus Rodgers.

Our roster is not top in the league if you remove the best QB from every team. 

We were weak in the secondary.
We were average at pass rushers.
We still are weak at WR.
We are average at guard.
Above average at tackle.
Average at center.
Strong on the defensive line.
Average at ILB.

We have an average roster without Rodgers. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

When Gute traded down yesterday, I said they were targeting a CB. I was worried it was Hughes. Pumped when they traded back up a little and got Alexander. He was my number 2 CB! Now hoping for a WR or another CB in round 2. I would be thrilled with Oliver, Chark, Miller, or Sutton. Who do you like? 

I'd love for GB to give AR a nice weapon in the second. I'd be interested in Miller at this point. The depth at WR is such that he could get a decent amount of playing time as a rookie, which is good from a developmental standpoint. 

23 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I'd love for GB to give AR a nice weapon in the second. I'd be interested in Miller at this point. The depth at WR is such that he could get a decent amount of playing time as a rookie, which is good from a developmental standpoint. 

Why do you like Miller more than Chark? Just wondering.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Second round is all about two players for me: Harold Landry and Lorenzo Carter. IMO, those are the only 2 EDGE guys left I'm confident have a significant impact in year one. We need to get one of them. We can't go ANOTHER year without adding juice to the EDGE position. 

Personally, I'd be aggressive and go get Landry. We already got an extra 1st round pick. Why not call Dorsey and trade up to 33 and give Cleveland our 2nd rounder next year (start by offering our 3rd next year, but I'd be willing to give up our 2nd if needed). Then draft Landry. Landry is a difference maker, we've all said it. I know there are some "medical concerns" with him out there, but I heard the same stuff last year about Carl Lawson, a guy we passed up twice. I say go all out for Landry. Then use our two 4th round picks to trade up as high as we can get into the 3rd (probably latter part of the 3rd) and draft our WR. 

The rest of the draft is gravy from there. 

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo/Duke Ejiofor/ Sam Hubbard/Josh Sweat would all be decent too.

41 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Our roster is not top in the league if you remove the best QB from every team. 

We were weak in the secondary.
We were average at pass rushers.
We still are weak at WR.
We are average at guard.
Above average at tackle.
Average at center.
Strong on the defensive line.
Average at ILB.

We have an average roster without Rodgers. 

Draft a WR/EDGE/G/Backup tackle and we're sitting pretty good. I have a feeling we will try to move up to get a Good WR/EDGE tonight. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Why do you like Miller more than Chark? Just wondering.

I think Miller runs better routes, would work better with AR during scrambles, and fights super hard for catches and YAC.

8 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I think Miller runs better routes, would work better with AR during scrambles, and fights super hard for catches and YAC.

I really really like Miller. He's a slot only guy though

9 hours ago, cannondale said:

Better check a value chart. It's gonna take a lot of lower picks and a partner willing to fall for it

Wrong - we have the number 1 pick in the 4th round, and I said late third round.  So what, maybe move up 5-10 places in a mid round?  Yes, a 4th, 5th, and maybe a 6th would entice a team with few picks this year.  

Archived