Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:
6 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I really really like Miller. He's a slot only guy though

So he would really only be Cobb's long term replacement? Wouldn't Chark have more value then?

That depends. I think Chark could be like a Taylor Gabriel type pro, where I think Anthony Miller can be Jarvis Landry. 

Can we also take a moment to discuss something here.... I was interested in John Schneider as potentially a GM in GB but what is going on in SEA?

Is that Pete’s doing? Rumor is Browns loved Penny early second. Like should we worry all these GB guys loved him at that point?

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Can we also take a moment to discuss something here.... I was interested in John Schneider as potentially a GM in GB but what is going on in SEA?

Is that Pete’s doing? Rumor is Browns loved Penny early second. Like should we worry all these GB guys loved him at that point?

Penny was a pretty polarizing prospect. I had him as RB2, others had him in the 5th. It was certainly an area of need for them, I don't hate the pick

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Wrong - we have the number 1 pick in the 4th round, and I said late third round.  So what, maybe move up 5-10 places in a mid round?  Yes, a 4th, 5th, and maybe a 6th would entice a team with few picks this year.  

Well yea, if you want to move 5 spots it's gonna be cheaper

57 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I think Miller runs better routes, would work better with AR during scrambles, and fights super hard for catches and YAC.

Nothing against Miller, but if it comes down to it I'd rather go get Gallup at 3 than Miller in 2.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

But at this point we have no 3 - so based on that would you pick him at 2?

I mean thats why i said "go get" - we have a plethora of picks to maybe move up. But if we're saying we just have a 2, I'd still rather see us address other needs.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I tell ya.....sure wouldnt want to lose consistently to make a habit out of it, but it sure was fun to be part of the mix at the top of the draft eh?

Been awhile.

Could be again next year with two firsts. Never know. Fingers crossed

2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

That depends. I think Chark could be like a Taylor Gabriel type pro, where I think Anthony Miller can be Jarvis Landry. 

one is 6'3 the other like 5'10, so there is that.

maybe Chark can be a Martavus Bryant...Wish WE gave our 3rd for MB, maybe we could have if we stayed at 27 :(

1 minute ago, fattlipp said:

one is 6'3 the other like 5'10, so there is that.

maybe Chark can be a Martavus Bryant...Wish WE gave our 3rd for MB, maybe we could have if we stayed at 27 :(

You want to trade a 3rd for a guy with 1 year left and is a game away from an indefinite suspension? 

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

Well yea, if you want to move 5 spots it's gonna be cheaper

Exactly.  And in my first post I even said mid to late third round.  I personally don’t think it’s worth trading three late round picks to move up into the mid to late third round - unless you see a guy you absolutely can’t live without.  I mean, we’re essentially already in the late third round with our 1st pick in the 4th round!

Archived