Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Folks, we have the first pick in the fourth round - damn near the same thing as being in the late third round.  Unless Gute see’s a guy he absolutely can’t live without in the mid to late third round, I just don’t see the urgency of moving up.  Trying to move into the early third round - without a third to swap - would cost too much in my opinion, unless it’s an absolute sure bet in a position of need.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Folks were saying this about King last year also.  Really hope JA is a star in this league, and that King develops into what we hoped he’d be.

Tru dat - but medical issues put him behind the rest early on (and was there a scholastic issue as well that prevented him from attending OTA? Dont know for sure) - and medical issues finished him off early as well.  Thats why I dont want to draft anymore medical issues guys.

8 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Folks were saying this about King last year also.  Really hope JA is a star in this league, and that King develops into what we hoped he’d be.

think the general narrative was that king wasn't gonna be immediately ready coming in 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tru dat - but medical issues put him behind the rest early on (and was there a scholastic issue as well that prevented him from attending OTA? Dont know for sure) - and medical issues finished him off early as well.  Thats why I dont want to draft anymore medical issues guys.

I feel the exact same way on all points.  King didn’t get much of a chance to shine last year, but he did have some solid moments, so I’m still very optimistic.  Minny fans are feeling pretty proud of themselves today for grabbing Hughes late yesterday.  Hope he flops hard, LOL.  And I’ve got nothing against Hughes.

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

think the general narrative was that king wasn't gonna be immediately ready coming in 

Could be - my memory is fading but I thought I recall folks saying GB needed him ready day #1 cuz our secondary was so bad in 2016.

9 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Could be - my memory is fading but I thought I recall folks saying GB needed him ready day #1 cuz our secondary was so bad in 2016.

He and Marlon were the projects with insane size and athleticism. Tre was the plug and play guy.

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Our roster is not top in the league if you remove the best QB from every team. 

We were weak in the secondary.
We were average at pass rushers.
We still are weak at WR.
We are average at guard.
Above average at tackle.
Average at center.
Strong on the defensive line.
Average at ILB.

We have an average roster without Rodgers. 

Sorry but that sounds like allot of teams. If you posted that in NFL General with a name which team this is title you'd get over half the league listed:). The quote from the other poster should have been that we have a solid team. Yes the QB is obviously the most important piece and losing him sucks but there are a number of other players that must factor in each game each week to get wins. GB has always had a pretty decent depth team, albeit under TT on the younger side. Every team has holes to fill yep even the Eagles were making trades all year to get them into the promised land:)

Archived