Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Folks, we have the first pick in the fourth round - damn near the same thing as being in the late third round.  Unless Gute see’s a guy he absolutely can’t live without in the mid to late third round, I just don’t see the urgency of moving up.  Trying to move into the early third round - without a third to swap - would cost too much in my opinion, unless it’s an absolute sure bet in a position of need.

I get what you’re saying. We also have 2 4ths and 4 5ths though.  We have ammo and you can only have so many development mid rounders on your roster at once. We almost need to consolidate some of these (for the right guy of course).

8 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I get what you’re saying. We also have 2 4ths and 4 5ths though.  We have ammo and you can only have so many development mid rounders on your roster at once. We almost need to consolidate some of these (for the right guy of course).

Exactly. Its not as if we stand pat the team's gonna fall apart - but - put some of those duplicate lower round guys together to get us double picking in the 2nd - or at the very least, mid-way in the third. We want as many bites at the "these are the really talented guys" as we can get.

We "even out" or selections again - and get those extra bites - Gute could be putting himself one helluva first draft together - depending on who he selects.

Hell. Maybe BUF decides they dont want Edmunds and throws him back into the draft pool! LOL We have to be ready for ALL contingencies! :)

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Do it. #whateverittakes

If he really has knee and back issues and some teams medically red flag them, I’m good with passing on him too. 

Hopefully he makes it to our pic and we can fleece someone else moving up to get him. 

5 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Landry fits perfectly with Perry, Matthews and Biegel.

Sad but true. 

Hey. So who are your targets, maybe you posted them and I missed it, sorry if so

I know I saw you mention the usc kid

Archived