Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Jonah Hill looking idiot on NFLN saying that everything he was told says it's NOT injuries with Landry...

Steve Smith though.... 73 bums selected ahead of me in the NFL Draft. 

Really hope he makes the HOF.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Sad but true. 

Hey. So who are your targets, maybe you posted them and I missed it, sorry if so

I know I saw you mention the usc kid

Na, I told JBURGE I'm fine with BPA as long as they use (what's left in) FA to fill out the rest of the roster. 

Nwosu is more of a trade down/ trade back into the 3rd type of player, but he's definitely the type of OLB the Packers like. 

Think it'll be a WR/EDGE type day, but I wouldn't be shocked by something else.

"With his first pick as the Green Bay Packers general manager, Brian Gutekunst addressed a major need in drafting speedy cover corner Jaire Alexander, but another remains as Friday night’s second round approaches.The Packers still desperately need to bolster their edge rush. They might be hoping a pass rusher such as Boston College’s Harold Landry, Georgia’s Lorenzo Carter or Ohio State’s Sam Hubbard is available when they’re on the clock with the 13th pick in the second round (No. 45 overall in the draft).It isn’t a very deep edge-rushing class this year, providing more urgency for the Packers to draft the position in the second round"

Kemoko Turay, Rutgers -Projected round: Second to third.

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma -Projected round: Third to fourth. (Say that 3 times fast.....)

Ade Aruna, Tulane -Projected round: Fourth to fifth.

Marquis Haynes, Ole Miss -Projected round: Fourth to fifth.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/04/27/edge-rush-prospects-still-within-packers-reach-nfl-draft/558730002/

23 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

If we do and he is a walking injury you better never blame anyone for looking past that...

Deal. I'll take Handry on one wheel over Hubbard or any other EDGE other than Carter.

*plus if our med staff says yes he must be okay right?

@NormSizedMidget

I've got a feeling about St. Brown, but they'll obviously need to move around to make that happen. 

Michael Clark really made waves in TC last year and while he might not be an NFL caliber WR.... I think he forced them to consider the damage Rodgers would be able to do with that type of WR.

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

Exactly. Its not as if we stand pat the team's gonna fall apart - but - put some of those duplicate lower round guys together to get us double picking in the 2nd - or at the very least, mid-way in the third. We want as many bites at the "these are the really talented guys" as we can get.

We "even out" or selections again - and get those extra bites - Gute could be putting himself one helluva first draft together - depending on who he selects.

Hell. Maybe BUF decides they dont want Edmunds and throws him back into the draft pool! LOL We have to be ready for ALL contingencies! :)

The problem with packaging a bunch of late round picks is they don’t really have all that much combined value - it would take quite a few late round picks to equal an early mid third round pick - and what teams want to sacrifice a nice third rounder for a bunch of late rounds?  Guess there may be a team or two willing, but I’d be willing to bet that you’re looking at a combo of this year’s and possibly next year’s draft picks, and/or a player thrown in to really get someone’s attention.

Landry and Carter are the only EDGE players I consider at 45. If they aren't there, I try to trade back. I'd rather go Jeff Holland in the late 3rd/early 4th than Sam Hubbard. Both are stiff, high effort guys so why not go with the value?

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Deal. I'll take Handry on one wheel over Hubbard or any other EDGE other than Carter.

*plus if our med staff says yes he must be okay right?

True. I should have probably went if we don't get him don't get too mad because he likely flunked our meds

10 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Won't argue with that. But I love him so much. I wish he went to the Jets

I don't think he's bad and his attitude wouldn't have stopped me from taking him. But still lol. He's certainly a character if nothing else

Archived