Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

The problem with packaging a bunch of late round picks is they don’t really have all that much combined value - it would take quite a few late round picks to equal an early mid third round pick - and what teams want to sacrifice a nice third rounder for a bunch of late rounds?  Guess there may be a team or two willing, but I’d be willing to bet that you’re looking at a combo of this year’s and possibly next year’s draft picks, and/or a player thrown in to really get someone’s attention.

Yea I think fans get too caught up in the theory instead of thinking it terms of practicality. I mean, how would you feel if the situations were reversed? imagine if we only had the regular 7 draft picks this year and some other team had 12 picks. Would you be happy if we traded #90 away to that team for four high-fifth-round picks? Technically it fits the chart, but I'm guessing most GB fans would be very upset. And are they so much smarter than the FO of opposing teams? There are limits to the theory

13 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Anybody else like Jessie Bates as much as me?

It would not fill a need at all but I think the dude is crazy good. 

Honestly I wouldn't mind it. We lost Burnett and Josh Jones played well inside as a LB last year. Could allow us to be more flexible there. I'm hoping we get an EDGE tho.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

Honestly I wouldn't mind it. We lost Burnett and Josh Jones played well inside as a LB last year. Could allow us to be more flexible there. I'm hoping we get an EDGE tho.

The problem is though that both HaHa and him are pure Frees. We are missing a strong.

I wouldn't be mad though

22 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

If we passed on Derwin I think they like what they have at S.

Don't necessarily agree with this. As far as I could tell Jaire, Derwin, and Edmunds were all in the same tier. If Bates has a clear board lean we could grab him. For all we know they have Bates with a L1 grade and would grab him at 45

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

Don't necessarily agree with this. As far as I could tell Jaire, Derwin, and Edmunds were all in the same tier. If Bates has a clear board lean we could grab him. For all we know they have Bates with a L1 grade and would grab him at 45

Man, if we take Jessie Bates and Justin Reid is still on the board...

Archived