Jaguars owner Shad Khan may become the new owner of Wembley Stadium

Adrenaline_Flux

Shad Khan owns a Premier League team and has countless ties to London, there's nothing about this which indicates the Jags moving other than stupidity and hysteria from the media that thinks the Jags are still drawing poorly and haven't invested a ton of money into the franchise remaining there.

They aren't moving.

6 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

I can see why this raised red flags but I'm gonna assume it's a nope on relocation. Khan would be an idiot to move the jaguars after finally having success as well... 

I don't think many fans are that worried, it just sucks that it puts us right back in the position of having to here BS constantly about the "London Jaguars", we already saw a thread get closed with that as the heading in this forum.

Football aside this is pretty impressive. Wembley Stadium is one of the most famous stadiums in the world. It would almost be like Mara or Johnson buying MSG.

Back to football. This is pretty huge having an NFL person own the biggest stadium in Europe as the NFL makes a push there. Expect to see more London games.

As others have pointed out - Khan owns a team in the EPL, this isn't for JAX moving.  Owner a soccer stadium in Europe is a smart investment.   Plus now he can get the Jags to play there at more convenient schedules for them.   Win-win. 

His strategy is working - JAX is an incredibly popular team in Europe.   Global fanshare is a great idea, US market it's hard to change the core affiliations.

I get how the optics look to people who don’t know what’s being done locally, but Shad has far too much invested in the city of Jacksonville and the area around the stadium to just move the team.

This is a move that cements the Jaguars in London long term, but not a move that signals a move.

Archived