2018 NFL DRAFT

Edge

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

I think the hard thing in this draft is we traded up when we didn't need to and then took a player we did not feel was the biggest need. That is  NOT to say KC coaches don't know what they are doing, and yes this draft seems to fill some needs.  This draft seems a lil bit like a bust but if it works out your going to be like... Wow KC scouts are amazing and seem to know what other scouts don't.

I feel like the FO has a much better idea than we do on whether they needed to trade up or not.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

I feel like the FO has a much better idea than we do on whether they needed to trade up or not.

Well for sure they do because they have insider info...  Just was surprised who they had traded up for .. I think most people thought it would be for the best  CB on board at that point.

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I'll be honest, I know absolutely nothing about any of the players. Have followed the draft very, very little. I like the certainty of direction though. Clear targeting of front 7 guys who can fill multiple roles depending on the situation/time. And I think they each clearly target an underperformer from last year's D (Bailey, Logan, and Sorensen.) Would still like to see a CB. Even if we roll with the trio of Fuller/Nelson/Amerson, which I'm still mostly fine with, we have really no one behind that, so we need the depth at least.

ditto's

4 hours ago, valkrei said:
4 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

I think the hard thing in this draft is we traded up when we didn't need to and then took a player we did not feel was the biggest need. That is  NOT to say KC coaches don't know what they are doing, and yes this draft seems to fill some needs.  This draft seems a lil bit like a bust but if it works out your going to be like... Wow KC scouts are amazing and seem to know what other scouts don't.

Chiefs drafts may not accurately reflect preferences by the scouting staff. Reid and Veach and their predecessors stuck their fingers in the pies.

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

all these guys can tackle, which is necessary because we don't teach how to tackle. I like all defense picks so far the front 7 needed the infusion of talent. 

Thank you Lord, because it hurt soooooo much to watch our tackling (or lack thereof) last year.

Archived