Who will be the Redskins 2017 Breakout player?

turtle28

This is a tough but I'd like everyone to pick just one guy and predict what they're stats they'll get this season. It's certainly a tough decision because there are so many candidates this year but here is my choice:

Terrelle Pryor: 80 recs, 1200 yds, 10 Tds 

Must watch video breaking down Terrelle Pryor's career, what he did last year in CLE and how it could have been better with better qb play and what to expect from him this year as a Redskin. If he comes close to what people think he could be, the Redskins must re-sign him or at worst franchise him next year. Damn, I'm still thinking back to his Ohio State days and just wishing he had played WR there instead of qb, he was almost unstoppable as a qb because of his size and athleticism but wasn't a great passer. If OSU had him at WR to go with the running game they had back then they would have been amazing on offense.

Cooley just said that he thinks Trent Murphy will have a break out season. He predicted 10 sacks in just 12 games.

Cooley thinks that another break out player will be Jonathan Allen. He said he thinks he'll be amongst the best interior defensive linemen in the NFL.

Kevin Sheehan's pick was Sua Cravens.

That video actually gets me excited for the Redskins this season. Sometimes I get really annoyed by all the stat predictions that some people do around here, and its my problem, but I expect Pryor to have a good season. I think he will be at the forefront of this conversation more than any.

I would actually like to think that Breelend, being in a contract year, will have his break out season. Would like to see him bounce back, solidify his #2 status here and really add some solid CB play to this season. When you can add a guy like Moreau and Fuller as your depth chart possibilities, all of a sudden we don't look so thin with talent anymore. 

Yeah, Pryor is a trendy pick.  I also like the fact that we got rid of the smurfs and added some size- I think our red zone issues will be solved with adding Pryor (6-4) and Quick (6-3) to the receiver corps.  I'm thinking Pryor ends up north of 10 touchdowns as well.  

Personally, I think Jonathan Allen is going to be so much better than anyone things.  We've got the complementary pieces around him on the line, and a very good pass-rush coming behind him.......Allen can be a dominant force from Day One.  This guy was thought to be potentially the #1 overall pick, an impact starter from Day One, so lets see it happen.  

1 minute ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

I'm going with DJ Swearinger. I think he finds a home in D.C. and D.C. find a mainstay safety in him.

Another good pick, he has the swagger and intensity that I like, and he's a legit guy back there.  My only concern is he may have to do more, especially early, to help out Cravens back there as well.  I've loved all of the reports coming out about him. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Another good pick, he has the swagger and intensity that I like, and he's a legit guy back there.  My only concern is he may have to do more, especially early, to help out Cravens back there as well.  I've loved all of the reports coming out about him. 

Yup, agreed. My concern is that his best fit seems to be at Strong Safety but we're slotting him in at Free Safety. Hopefully he adjusts well there but the transition may not be as smooth as we hope for.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'm going with Mason Foster. With a more talented ILB next to him and Phil Taylor up front I think he takes off. I bet he makes the pro bowl this season. 

I like that pick Lavar. I'd also say that Phil Taylor may break out for us and be the answer at NT that we've been searching for since Cofield got injured in 2013 & 14 and ended up being cut.

Archived