Bucs Resign Charles Sims

bucsfan333

44 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Don't suppose we're double dipping in the draft anymore.

Didnt think Licht would draft two, but it does make me wonder if a prospect like Hines probably won't be drafted because Koetter has his 3rd down back.  I believe the Chubb/Penny rumors personally.

I think it would take an exceptional training camp from a rookie to send Sims packing. He's an established third down back who can pass block. We'll draft someone, and that'll be our four. But for an UDFA to take Sims' spot, he's gonna have to really wow coaches to make the 53 over the practice squad. My opinion, of course.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's my guess. We'll never learn. ?

But. At least we didn't give any of the top FA RBs $8M+. So there's that.

smh

at this point i can see us passing on a RB altogether or at least definitely by passing them in the 1st and 2nd

hopefully we aim for one in the 4th ala Walton, Hines

I made a big breakdown of our running game the last two years. It's around here somewhere. As a team, we averaged like 3.9 yards per carry (over the last two years) if you exclude Dougie. He averaged 2.9.

Jensen should help the running game quite a bit. Moving Marpet back to guard helps a lot too. If we could average even four yards per carry this year and convert third and short more often, our offense has top five potential.

Archived