2018 NFL Draft Thread

Texansfan713

6 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Why is Ridley still available. I think he'll be a stud. I know WR isn't our biggest need but we do need more there. If we did give up a future 1st to get back in here for him I'd be ok with that.

this wr class isnt that good.  honestly i dont see anyone who i think will be a legit wr1. Also Ridley has major drop concerns.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

this wr class isnt that good.  honestly i dont see anyone who i think will be a legit wr1. Also Ridley has major drop concerns.

I disagree on Ridley. His hands are not a major concern. Not perfect but not a concern. And he has everything else in spades.

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

20 drops over 3 seasons is a concern.

I watched most Bama games. Many of those drops were actually poor throws. Like I said the hands aren't perfect, he has had spurts of drops, but they aren't as bad as those numbers.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

I watched most Bama games. Many of those drops were actually poor throws. Like I said the hands aren't perfect, he has had spurts of drops, but they aren't as bad as those numbers.

Him going to the Falcons is a good situation for him.  Dont have to be the 1.  Him next to Julio.  Sheesh

A couple thoughts. 

Losing AJ Bouye will still be the worst move Rick Smith ever made.....but just looking at it in a another way, we managed to flip an UDFA for a 3rd round pick. Thats not a terrible investment

We need to take the best player available at all 3 picks tonight. That includes not taking a tackle unless one falls.

We would all like to take a 3rd round tackle for the LT spot on our team....but is there really going to be a 3rd round tackle that we would have rated higher than Davenport? As bad as the line is, we have already invested a mid round(4th) pick in a guy, and he has a year of experience. So before we reach for a tackle, we have to ask ourselves if that guy is better than year 2 Davenport will be. If the answer is yes, then we take him, if the answer is no then we take BPA. 

I would love to come out of round 3 with a QB, RB, TE

Archived