2018 NFL Draft Thread

Texansfan713

houston-texans-trade-no-1-pick-2014-nfl-

The day is finally here folks!  Although the Texans don't have a first or second round pick that doesn't mean we cant discuss the draft.  This is the first draft under new GM Brian Gaine so it will be interesting to see what direction he goes. 

2018 Draft Picks

Round 3, 68th overall:  S Justin Reid

Round 3, 80th overall (via Seattle): C Martinas Rankin

Round 3, 98th overall (compensatory): TE Jordan Akins

Round 4, 103rd overall:  WR Keke Coutee

Round 6, 177th overall: DE/OLB Duke Ejiofor

Round 6, 211th overall (compensatory): TE Jordan Thomas

Round 6, 214th overall (compensatory): OLB Peter Kalambayi

Round 7, 22nd overall: CB Jermaine Kelly

I think I'm actually MORE interested in tonight without a dog in the fight. Will be interesting to see who goes where.

There's been a ton of chatter in the last 3-4 hours that Baker Mayfield (not Sam Darnold or Josh Allen) will be the #1 pick. That's a bold move by the Browns, but I do like it.

24 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I think I'm actually MORE interested in tonight without a dog in the fight. Will be interesting to see who goes where.

There's been a ton of chatter in the last 3-4 hours that Baker Mayfield (not Sam Darnold or Josh Allen) will be the #1 pick. That's a bold move by the Browns, but I do like it.

It would be interesting.  Not really that high on Darnold.  People like to knock Watson for the INT's he threw in college but Darnold is coming off a 13 INT season and he fumbled 9 times. Honestly I'm not really impressed with the QB class but I'm intrigued to see who goes where.

28 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Question to everyone.  Are you giving Gaine a pass for this draft because of the situation Rick Smith gave him?  Or will this draft be judged by you regardless?

Gaine has earned a pass for his assertiveness in free agency. Next time I judge him is when the Clowney deal is announced.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Question to everyone.  Are you giving Gaine a pass for this draft because of the situation Rick Smith gave him?  Or will this draft be judged by you regardless?

Define judge? I mean of course I'm going to judge him but you always do it within the context of what was possible. If we get one good starter and another solid and important backup out of this draft then he's done his job.

48 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Define judge? I mean of course I'm going to judge him but you always do it within the context of what was possible. If we get one good starter and another solid and important backup out of this draft then he's done his job.

judge as in this being his first draft. he kind of got the rough end of the stick not having at least a 2nd rounder to work with.

8 minutes ago, mse326 said:

It's time. I'm calling and offering up next years 1st to get anywhere here and taking Derwin James

Given this freefall, I'd agree. He's a top 5 talent, why is he dropping?

1 minute ago, Blaze said:

The Draft is always fun to watch, but not having a pick to watch is kinda meh.

yeah but good thing the first round is almost over.  Im jealous we dont have a first rounder but trading it for Watson will be worth it. 

Archived