Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan713

2018 NFL Draft Thread

Apollo got one of his guys with Ejiofor. Hopefully the injury will not cause any long--term issues.

Man crush with Giane complete - Ejiofor could have been a 2nd rounder if he could have been healthy for the combine.  I don't think he's a star, but he's an upgrade from Covington, Dunn, Heath.  We desperately needed better insurance for Watt injury and I would have been perfectly happy with him in the 4th. Solid upside pick.  

Ejiofor had 16.5 TFL last year and 20+ sacks on his career.   Another great example of taking stars from under the radar programs and amazing value with all of these guys instant contributors vs. hope and a prayer developmental crap under RS.  6th rounders have been throwaways under Ricky, if healthy, Ejiofor is going to push Covington and could very easily be a sub package pass rusher killing two birds with one stone.  

Posted (edited)

Interesting side note from the Gaine class that has absolutely emerged.  SMART - HIGH Character.

Reid - STANFORD

Rankin - Academic All American

Akins - Mature, Pro Baseball player, married w/kid

Coutee - self-motivated hard worker with laser focus

Ejiofor - HONOR student

Also, Gaine seems to actually recognize our home state has talent vs. Ricky who's heart was stuck in Ohio/Chicagoland

Edited by Apollo Stallion

I think there is plenty of risk with the Ejiofor pick but I love the value. I think he'll be a solid player for us with upside. Im guessing he will play OLB? behind Clowney. Great production in college but there are concerns about a concussion history (that has caused him to miss games in the past), along with shoulder injury that kept him out of the combine. On top of injuries I don't think he is an amazing athlete but he could turn out to be a solid player. Good pick.

19 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Interesting side note from the Gaine class that has absolutely emerged.  SMART - HIGH Character.

Reid - STANFORD

Rankin - Academic All America

Akins - Pro Baseball player (knows how to work for a living)

Coutee - self-motivated hard worker with laser focus

Ejiofor - HONOR student

Also, Gaine seems to actually recognize our home state has talent vs. Ricky who's heart was stuck in Ohio/Chicagoland

IIRC that's what OB1 said he wanted was smart players.... looks like GM & coach meshing 

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Has Holton Hill been drafted yet?

Nope

Also... Rams have made 4 really good draft choices (1 offense, 3 defense) so far IMHO.

Giving players like John Franklin-Meyers + Obo Okoronkwo + Sebastian Joseph to their loaded defense is going to be nasty.

I predict Okoronwko may even end up in the discussion about top rookies - if he can add weight and maintain explosion.

Posted (edited)

I would go

CB Holton Hill, and  QB Riley Ferguson with our 2 6th rounders.

Also,  who knew there was another Christian Covington coming to the league.  LOL

Edited by Texansfan713

Another guy I'd be good with is Bo Scarboro. I know he lacks speed but he is a freaking load, so we may actually have a chance to convert on 3rd and short.

Jordan Thomas!!!  Hahahahaha!

At the very beginning of the draft season, I wondered if he would be a good addition to the team (I actually hoped he would put up crazy good measureables)

The more I read about his lack of polish and then when I saw his measurables, I thought nawh....

Then when I read about from scouts how they could not justify drafting him, I thought even more nawh...

And yet... here we are! LOL