2018 NFL Draft Thread

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

no way hes big enough to be an NFL tackle

His size varies - some have him.at 265, some have him at 285, some have him at 295. You're probably right, but interesting nonetheless.

I really want to know what the plan is for Rankin. It has to be to play him at tackle right? With Davenport and Henderson the only legit tackles we have, and by legit I just mean they actually play tackle, we didnt draft a LT to move him to guard or center did we?

our line could shake out a ton of ways. 

we could have a line that looks like this:

Davenport / Fulton / Martin / Allen / Henderson 

to

Allen / Fulton / Kelemete / Rankin / Davenport

or pretty much anything in between

but it has to be better right?

Allen = Allen

Davenport > Davenport

Henderson > Giacomini

Fulton > Filo

Kelemete and Rankin > Lamm and Slade

how much better IDK, but it has to be better. I think I would have brought Chris Clark back, and I think he is still unsigned. He wasnt great, but he gives a little more depth. 

If we brought back the same line and replaced Filo with Fulton and Fulton is an average guard, we are >>>>>> better. 

Nick Martin was our highest rated player on the line last season, and he ranked 30th among centers and is coming off a 2nd injury to the same ankle. 

henderson and Fulton both ranked higher than any of our offensive linemen did. Kelemete scored like ours did, but saints fans really like the guy. 

it will be the most import development next to the recovery of Watson, because man this terrible line did not stop him from balling out. 

One thing that really surprised me about the draft is the fact we only acquired one player (Jordan Akins) from the week spent coaching at the senior bowl. I haven't really seen anybody discuss this much. I can't help but feel like we could have taken more advantage of the tremendous opportunity. Obviously sometimes the draft doesn't unfold as planned, but I was hoping we could acquire some good UDFA that played in the game. Does anybody else find this odd or is it just me?

19 hours ago, OzzyTexan said:

One thing that really surprised me about the draft is the fact we only acquired one player (Jordan Akins) from the week spent coaching at the senior bowl. I haven't really seen anybody discuss this much. I can't help but feel like we could have taken more advantage of the tremendous opportunity. Obviously sometimes the draft doesn't unfold as planned, but I was hoping we could acquire some good UDFA that played in the game. Does anybody else find this odd or is it just me?

Our coaching staff sucks, so there is that. 

Archived