2018 NFL Draft Thread

Texansfan713

14 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Man..., that is just good karma / cosmic energy... glad this kid ended up in Bmore

I'm glad he's somebody else's problem.  We are not in the position to have another XSF level flame out and burn years trying to motivate this guy who looks like he just doesn't care. I think he's an awful fit in Balt aside from the sentimental factor.  When your QB can bench more than your 350 lb RT, you've got a problem and Brown is now officially the slowest player EVER drafted.  

Well let's just say this. We've had a good draft so far. I don't like results based revisionist history. Both Reid and Rankins were arguably BPA and were at positions of need. Akins was also a position of need and not over drafted. That in itself is enough to like the draft and be thankful that Rick Smith is gone.

This draft seems very unRick Smith like. 3 justifiable picks that very well could have been best players available period. 3rd round guys who all may be instant starters says 2 things. 1.You had a strong draft. 2. You didn't have much current depth on the roster. 

Not a fan of the Atkins pick from a fit standpoint, but I guess he presents more upside than the guys we'd be settling for if we waited until the 6th (yes I know we have another pick early tomorrow but 5 picks in between doesn't change value much).  We must have liked this guy at the Senior Bowl as I know it wasn't a good showing for the other TEs there. I don't like short TEs and now we have 3 of the shortest in the NFL (Akins 6' 3" and Anderson and Pruitt 6' 2") and none of em can block while Griffin can't catch.  Atkins does have a pretty high upside as an athletic dude who was a deep threat, but this reminds me too much of James Casey with an old failed baseball player except Casey was faster and stronger (ate lots of mexican beef at Rice). Kinda willing to get the benefit of the doubt, but I'd be perfectly happy if we grabbed a blocking TE in the 6th or 7th.  

1 hour ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Not a fan of the Atkins pick from a fit standpoint, but I guess he presents more upside than the guys we'd be settling for if we waited until the 6th (yes I know we have another pick early tomorrow but 5 picks in between doesn't change value much).  We must have liked this guy at the Senior Bowl as I know it wasn't a good showing for the other TEs there. I don't like short TEs and now we have 3 of the shortest in the NFL (Akins 6' 3" and Anderson and Pruitt 6' 2") and none of em can block while Griffin can't catch.  Atkins does have a pretty high upside as an athletic dude who was a deep threat, but this reminds me too much of James Casey with an old failed baseball player except Casey was faster and stronger (ate lots of mexican beef at Rice). Kinda willing to get the benefit of the doubt, but I'd be perfectly happy if we grabbed a blocking TE in the 6th or 7th.  

6'3 isn't short. That's pretty much average for a TE. And I'm not sure what you mean he doesn't fit. He's a good receiver and we don't have that at all.

Pretty good so far but really need to nail the 3rd day of this draft. Im hoping we can find a way to trade down from 103 to try and pick up a 5th round pick. The reason being nobody is standing out to me as a guy we need to grab. If we can move back and grab a Tackle and Corner I would be happy with that.

Archived