2018 NFL Draft Thread

Texansfan713

on another note, I think the Raiders will be the best team in the AFC this season. Gruden is a heck of a coach, they should be back to being healthy, as the roster was one of the best 2 years ago, and man how do you slow down an offense with Carr throwing to Cooper, Bryant and nelson?

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

I would have narrowed down to 3 names. 

OG Quiton Nelson

CB Denzel Ward

S Derwin James

Not really a fan of Chubb in our defense.

Nelson would have been a great addition. I think we probably would have looked to trade down a few spots. 

22 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I'm hoping we trade up and get one of the following

OG Willy Hernandez

G/T Connor Williams

OT Orlando Brown

TE Mike Gesicki

TE Dallas Goedert

OT Joseph Noteboom

I'm not high on either TE. I'm thinking Josh Jackson in our secondary - with veteran leadership and a talented DC - could grow into a special CB.

Orlando Brown at RT would solve that position for the next 10+ years. He's my ideal pick if we trade up. If we're looking for a LT, skip on Brown and target Williams.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

on another note, I think the Raiders will be the best team in the AFC this season. Gruden is a heck of a coach, they should be back to being healthy, as the roster was one of the best 2 years ago, and man how do you slow down an offense with Carr throwing to Cooper, Bryant and nelson?

Taking Bryant and putting him in a state where recreational marijuana is legal is a risky, risky, risky move. Guy is one puff away from a Josh Gordon-like vacation. At the least, get him for a later pick, that 3rd was a steal for Pitt.

I'm also not a fan of the Kolton Miller pick - Oakland's defense was a mess on the back end, and they whiffed on picking up a guy like Derwin James (or even Minkah Fitzpatrick, who could have been the pick at 10). Miller's not even that good a LT, and given the pass rush teams in the division (Von/Chubb, Bosa/Ingram, Houston/Ford) it's not like he's going to fare well. 

I'm actually thinking Oakland is heading in the wrong direction with their moves.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I would have narrowed down to 3 names. 

OG Quiton Nelson

CB Denzel Ward

S Derwin James

Not really a fan of Chubb in our defense.

Denzel Ward and it aint even close IMHO.  I actually think Browns are doing good right now... although I think McGlinchey & Miller went higher than the Browns thought b/c word on the street was they were trying to trade back into first

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929310/article/2018-nfl-rounds-23-mock-draft-patriots-pick-qb-in-round-3

Lance Z's day 2 mock.

68. Brian O'Neill - OT, Pittsburgh
80. Anthony Averett - CB, Alabama
98. Dalton Schultz - TE, Stanford

If we stood pat I would absolutely love this. Switch O'Neill with Orlando Brown and I would love it even more.

13 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Seems to be a consensus that it will be OT, CB, TE in the 3rd, but when do we EVER go the direction everyone is thinking? We always come out of left field with something. We might take a DE, OLB, C or all I know

I think so, too. There are immediate needs, but the depth on this team is also pretty bad. Going BPA to bolster a unit isn't a bad idea.

If you have passing medical grades on Maurice Hurst, I say you go get him. He's probably a top 10 talent - if you can grab him in the middle of the 2nd, do it.

If I'm trading up, it's for BPA - and not try shoehorn a specific need. Both Hurst and Jackson would be dynamic pickups, every down starters going into next season.

I sure hope the TE we draft is a receiving threat rather than just a blocker.  We need to give Watsons as many weapons as possible.  The TE we pick would instantly become our starter.  I'm not sure the Texans know how bad our TE core are.  All 3 guys last season combined for 627 yards.  That's not gonna cut it.

Archived