Everyone else gets to mock draft...

BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW

Trade with Cardinals, getting their first (15) second (15) and third round pick (15). This is value heavily biased towards us, but they get to move up for a QB that falls. 

Bonus points is that a guy we like and need is there at 15 with Davenport. Miracles continue, when Hernandez is there in the 2nd round at our original rd 2 pick.  We use the Cardinals 2nd rd pick to grab DJ Moore.  In the first two rounds we've got our biggest needs filled with a high upside guy (Davenport) a solid OG (Hernandez isn't as dominant as Nelson who I love, but will be great against the run ans solid in pass pro so long as he doesn't have to move around too much. 

1: R1P15  MARCUS DAVENPORT  Enough has been said about him, I think he could be very good and love the value getting him at not-8
2: R2P7G WILL HERNANDEZ I love Nelson, but understand the value arguments. If he's around at our original pick 2 this solves a problem and is a great value.  I think he'll be good  so long as he's not asked to be super mobile. 
3: R2P15 WR D.J. MOORE  I love the way he grabs a throw and fights afterwards.  With a little polish on his routes could be very good
4: R3P33 OT ORLANDO BROWN  We get to take advantage of his terrible combine.  He looked better on tape than lots of OT's taken ahead of him.
5: R4P5 LB JOSEY JEWELL If he were bigger and stronger I think he'd be gone in the 2nd.  Would love to have the LB corps help out with turnovers, and he gets those done. 
6: R4P15 CB J.C. JACKSON  I feel like the knocks on him are going to be less of an issue playing in our division where his ability to be strong after the snap will help 
7: R5P8 EDGE ADE ARUNA  Giant fast guy who just needs development.  
8: R6P7 G SKYLER PHILLIPS Give depth to the OL at G or C.  Stubby, but all his other faults Hiestand could fix. 
9: R7P6  WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN  A wide receiver. Has an awesome name, maybe top 10 in the draft. 

Fan of about every player. St Brown is a mid-round talent IMO, no chance he falls to 7th IMO. Brown gets into NFL protocols and weight rooms and loses weight he can be good. Needs contract to be pretty incentive laden with his workout bonuses.

•  

2: R2P7G WILL HERNANDEZ  0.5% chance he makes it to 39.  If he does, we should sprint to the podium for him.  Every mock I've seen has him mid to late 1st round.  1st round guys fall to the 2nd, I just have a hard time believing he will.
3: R2P15 WR D.J. MOORE 0 chance he's there in the 2nd.  Again, I've seen him mid to late 1st.  Bal at 16, Dal at 19, Car at 24 are all in the running for him.  I can see Cleveland or Indy trading back into round 1 for him as well. 

In general the mock is good, those two picks are as likely as winning the powerball. 

1 hour ago, Mudderfudder77 said:

If you're going to grab a Hiestand avi - learn how to crop...

Love the draft - but I don't think Hernandez will be there in the second and having a hard time seeing Moore last until the middle of the second.

The cropping is to a) differentiate you and I, slightly b) he looks funnier that way

I think if Hernandez isn't there, you could daniels, price or a C.  Drafting a center there is a try to fix your o line issues, which-while undesirable to move Cody Whitehair again-can be solved in this way. 

There are TON of WR's I like in the mid round, so I could have just as easily said "And with pick 15 of the second round of the draft, the Chicago Bears select Tre'Anthoseanio Millup-Moore-Quinn"

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Next topic:  The final final mock draft. 

Selections:  Guard and pass rusher.

Fine guy, you don't like all the similar drafts? Fine. 

DLLreaction Mock Draft 1/46:

The Bears display a cunning smokescreen by seeming to be happy with Mitch Trubisky.  Behind the scenes: Panic.  He plays OK, but why does he look scared and sweaty taking the field?  The franchise recently escapted from the long long night of having a quarterback with a bad face, and they face the hard truth that it's time to move on after 8 starts.

Pace plays his hand perfectly, trading away the Bears First, Second and 2 Fourth round picks away to the Colts for pick 6.  With the #6 pick, the Bears choose...

R1P6 (from IND) Josh Allen.  The Bears are comfortable with the few flaws in Allens game, as he has what they're looking for: the face. Not too sweaty, not too grumpy, it's just right. The Bears have found their signal caller.

Image result for josh allen faceImage result for josh allen face

Nagy,  being a cutting edge offensive mind, gets Pace in his corner and they shock the football world again, trading the Bears 5th, 6th, 7th round picks plus a 2019 first round pick for the Panthers 2nd round pick, #55.  And with that pick the Bears select Austin Macginnis from Kentucky, Kicker.  The Bears have never been ahead of the curve on offensive football, but Nagy, noting that the average kicking distance has been climbing, forsees a football game in which the only plays are really really long field goal attempts. He gets Macginnis to be the total offense for the Bears, while Allen stands nearby looking pleasant. 

Image result for austin macginnis

There, is that different enough you black hearted bastard? 

Archived