Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

told my girlfriend to take me off her calendar the next two days 

I sent my wife on a 13-day vacation starting today.   

Only fly in the ointment in my master plan was Infinity Wars moving up their premiere to tonight from last week.  Dammit.   Clearly Marvel execs are in the 2 percent of Americans who don't consider themselves football fans.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I sent my wife on a 13-day vacation starting today.   

Only fly in the ointment in my master plan was Infinity Wars moving up their premiere to tonight from last week.  Dammit.   Clearly Marvel execs are in the 2 percent of Americans who don't consider themselves football fans.

I'm just avoiding spoilers until I can go on Sunday.  It's 100% draft time until then

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I'm just avoiding spoilers until I can go on Sunday.  It's 100% draft time until then

Teenage girls, man, teenage girls.   Some battles you just are better to concede.

At least it will be over by 915 PM ET.  LOL. 

You know, I was thinking this morning, Mayfield to the Browns is even more perfect than Mayfield to the Jets. Thing is, I thought that with Dorsey, who by all means is an entirely competent GM, the Browns would start to turn the corner. This has Haslem's finger prints all over it, he sees Mayfield and he sees dollar signs, if I'm Dorsey and that pick is forced on me by the most incompetent owner this side of Dan Snyder, I resign before Goodell opens the draft tonight.

I think the reason we can believe the Mayfield-to-the-Browns information that has leaked out this morning is because Dorsey announced last week that he wasn't going to tell Haslem and the others in the organization who has settled on until Wednesday night. A media friend of mine speculated that, after Dorsey shared who he is planning to pick, the news would leak out Thursday morning. The fact that the news of Mayfield being the No. 1 pick has come from so many corners I think lends it a great deal of credibility, it's not one or two reporters, it started with Schefter, of course, but since then many, many more reporters have independently confirmed it. Furthermore, the Browns have NO interest in creating a smokescreen with No. 1 overall. 

Now, Josina Anderson is far from my favorite reporter, but when it trickles down as far in the NFL reporters pecking order to her, I think it's valid. 

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I think the reason we can believe the Mayfield-to-the-Browns information that has leaked out this morning is because Dorsey announced last week that he wasn't going to tell Haslem and the others in the organization who has settled on until Wednesday night. A media friend of mine speculated that, after Dorsey shared who he is planning to pick, the news would leak out Thursday morning. The fact that the news of Mayfield being the No. 1 pick has come from so many corners I think lends it a great deal of credibility, it's not one or two reporters, it started with Schefter, of course, but since then many, many more reporters have independently confirmed it. Furthermore, the Browns have NO interest in creating a smokescreen with No. 1 overall. 

Now, Josina Anderson is far from my favorite reporter, but when it trickles down as far in the NFL reporters pecking order to her, I think it's valid. 

The other consistent news is that even with the above, NYG appears locked in on Barkley.   Realizing they can't deal past 1.4 to guarantee they'll get him.  The narrative is that Barkley is the missing piece that returns the NYG O and Eli to their 2015 and earlier levels of success.   Iffy IMO, I don't see it, but if they were thinking about Barkley until now, I guess it makes sense in their drink-the-koolaid-all-the-way groupthink disaster.

23 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I look at the betting lines it will be mayfield.

Archived