Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

For me, I know Chubb and Barkley are sexy and I can't say I'd be disappointed with either of them. However, for me, Nelson should be the pick at 5. He is the best player in this draft and considering how bad the line was last year, he would represent the highest degree of upgrade. 

8 minutes ago, elwayfan07 said:

For me, I know Chubb and Barkley are sexy and I can't say I'd be disappointed with either of them. However, for me, Nelson should be the pick at 5. He is the best player in this draft and considering how bad the line was last year, he would represent the highest degree of upgrade. 

I wouldn’t complain with any of the three. Nor would I complain with Darnold, Rosen or Allen.

I’d hate to see us pass on one of those aforementioned six to trade down. We’ve had enough drafts the last few years in the back half of the rounds, time to get a blue-chipper. 

24 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I wouldn’t complain with any of the three. Nor would I complain with Darnold, Rosen or Allen.

I’d hate to see us pass on one of those aforementioned six to trade down. We’ve had enough drafts the last few years in the back half of the rounds, time to get a blue-chipper. 

I am not anti-trading down, just but I too think Denver should take a blue chipper at 5. Outside of Darnold, I don't like any of the QBs at 5. 

I'm fine with trading down depending on the haul. Denver needs talent. If they draft BPA and not honing in, I think it's the right move. Imagine coming out of Round 1 with Ward, Hernandez, and then having multiple 2nds and 3rds. That could be MAJOR

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

I'm fine with trading down depending on the haul. Denver needs talent. If they draft BPA and not honing in, I think it's the right move. Imagine coming out of Round 1 with Ward, Hernandez, and then having multiple 2nds and 3rds. That could be MAJOR

I am a huge fan of Will Hernandez. I can just imagine he and Leary just mauling people. However, I think there are better values than Ward

19 minutes ago, elwayfan07 said:

I am a huge fan of Will Hernandez. I can just imagine he and Leary just mauling people. However, I think there are better values than Ward

I'm surprised everyone is down on Ward. He's technically very sound and really fits the profile of the type of CB who tends to have longer term success in the NFL, IMO.

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I'm surprised everyone is down on Ward. He's technically very sound and really fits the profile of the type of CB who tends to have longer term success in the NFL, IMO.

I am not necessarily down on him. However, for me, I'd like a guy like Vea, or Edmunds a little more in that general range. 

1 minute ago, elwayfan07 said:

I am not necessarily down on him. However, for me, I'd like a guy like Vea, or Edmunds a little more in that general range. 

I would take Vea over him for certain. I'm actually pretty down on Edmunds. I think he's a bigger gamble than many think and is not an instant contributor by any means. He's a physical wonder, not necessarily a great football player.

Ward could be a fixture at Cornerback for years to come.   Outside of QB, Pass Rushers and Corners are premium positions IMO.  This kid seems like a stud.

Nelson is also safe.   Chubb is also a stud at premium position, as I mentioned. 

But...

It would be hard to not Darnold if he is there.   I think if Cleveland doesn't trade out at 4, we could get Sam.   The word is the Jets prefer Rosen over Darnold. 

We'll get our answer in about an hour....

8 minutes ago, Epic said:

If we trade.....who are the most likely partners?  Buffalo and Arizona I would think.  Buffalo has much more to offer by way of picks this year. 

It's Buffalo, Arizona or Miami. I cannot imagine it will be anyone else because Denver won't drop more than mid 1st. They'd be dumb to

Archived