Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The other consistent news is that even with the above, NYG appears locked in on Barkley.   Realizing they can't deal past 1.4 to guarantee they'll get him.  The narrative is that Barkley is the missing piece that returns the NYG O and Eli to their 2015 and earlier levels of success.   Iffy IMO, I don't see it, but if they were thinking about Barkley until now, I guess it makes sense in their drink-the-koolaid-all-the-way groupthink disaster.

Heard an hr agp giants wanna trade down.

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

You know, I was thinking this morning, Mayfield to the Browns is even more perfect than Mayfield to the Jets. Thing is, I thought that with Dorsey, who by all means is an entirely competent GM, the Browns would start to turn the corner. This has Haslem's finger prints all over it, he sees Mayfield and he sees dollar signs, if I'm Dorsey and that pick is forced on me by the most incompetent owner this side of Dan Snyder, I resign before Goodell opens the draft tonight.

I just hope the result of Mayfield to Browns puts Chubb or Barkley with the Broncos.  I like the thought of the Broncos getting the two picks from the Bills.  But, I like the thought of Chubb pairing with Von even more.  And, we know how I feel about Barkley.  

3 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

If Mayfield goes #1, the things I'm reading is the Browns deciding between Mayfield and Rosen, so if they take Rosen there is a real possibility that Darnold is there at #4

You mean the Jets.  I get it, it's all a blur at this stage lol.

26 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Hey! Josina Anderson works hard for her sources. Just ask Brandon Marshall (the WR) ;)

Heard more than a few stories about her from other reporters while I was covering the Broncos for Football National and freelance and she was with Fox 31. Just sayin.....

BTW I have to post this here, it's courtesy of the Draft Forum thread.

So there's a conspiracy theory going around that Darnold is still the 1.1 pick.  And that Dorsey leaked different names to different people, to ID the leaker.   It makes some sense.   The funny part?

Remember Hue Jackson went behind Sashi Brown's back to try and trade for AJ McCarron for 2.1.  Then got Brown fired for saving Haslem & Hue from themselves.   Hue's the guy obviously being implicated as the leak.

Now, Scot McGlohan is heavily on Mayfield, so Mayfield 1.1 is still what ppl are reporting.

BUT, if Dorsey picks Darnold, and then fires Hue early in-season, you can point to this as one of the greatest troll-jobs ever.   

So the Dorsey-trolljob-to-smoke-Hue-out conspiracy theory is gaining steam.

It would suck for us, because it reduces the talent at 1.5...but man, this makes sense...and would be the greatest thing ever for Draft Night entertainment.  LOL if true (but sad if it ends us up with Allen at 1.5).

22 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

So the Dorsey-trolljob-to-smoke-Hue-out conspiracy theory is gaining steam.

It would suck for us, because it reduces the talent at 1.5...but man, this makes sense...and would be the greatest thing ever for Draft Night entertainment.  LOL if true (but sad if it ends us up with Allen at 1.5).

Those of you in the anti-Allen camp don’t have to worry, by all accounts he’s off our board. 

That is sickly entertaining about the Dorsey conspiracy. 

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Only fly in the ointment in my master plan was Infinity Wars moving up their premiere to tonight from last week.  Dammit.   Clearly Marvel execs are in the 2 percent of Americans who don't consider themselves football fans.

I'm going to the premiere tonight also, but I'm going to an event showing.  I should be able to follow the Broncos' pick during the event pre-show (unless we trade back).

1 minute ago, mltsandwich said:

I'm going to the premiere tonight also, but I'm going to an event showing.  I should be able to follow the Broncos' pick during the event pre-show (unless we trade back).

I'm going to an event showing.   Paid $6 more to get reserved seats for the 3 of us, no need to wait in line 1 hour ahead of time!

I'm guessing yours might be a little fancier, though.   Enjoy.  :D

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I'm going to an event showing.   Paid $2 more to get reserved seats!

I'm guessing yours might be a little fancier, though.   Enjoy.  :D

Yeah.  Swag, trivia games, cringe-worthy skits. Adds about an hour before they start the movie.

Just hope we don't take a Mayfield or Ward at #5 and put me in an annoyed state throughout the movie.

8 minutes ago, mltsandwich said:

Yeah.  Swag, trivia games, cringe-worthy skits. Adds about an hour before they start the movie.

Just hope we don't take a Mayfield or Ward at #5 and put me in an annoyed state throughout the movie.

You could change your name to AnAngrymtlsandwich if that happens.  I'm still undecided between AnAngryBroncofan and AnAngryCanadian myself.

Archived