Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

If Hernandez keeps slipping...would be tempting to move back into the 1st for him. 

I'm starting to think about Connor Williams. At 40 there's a lot of value there.

Just now, AKRNA said:

I'm starting to think about Connor Williams. At 40 there's a lot of value there.

At 40, I would snag him. That's tremendous value. He might even be better than McGlinchey. But even if he isn't, he can play guard.

11 minutes ago, champ11 said:

At football? You must be talking about something else 

6 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Lamar isnt a sure thing. He has legitimate issues, but I still like him much more than Lynch and think he would be a worthy risk in a trade up. Case is a borderline backup caliber guy, and miles from a guy you can count on being here more than one, maybe two, years. Good chance Lamar is better than any 2019 QB. 

Guys, there are some misconceptions about Lamar that should be set straight for the record:

1.  3/4 of his runs are designed by the O from the get go.  It's not him just freelancing like Mike Vick or Vince Young did.

2.  Syracuse runs a pro style O.   It's not Jackson freelancing.

3.  Jackson actually shows nice accuracy and throwing mechanics.

4.  Jackson shows good decisiveness and great pocket awareness.   His read progression ability improved significantly this year.

He still needs work, because he was still learning when he started playing - but he was learning to be a pocket passer in his last 2 seasons, especially this year there was real growth.  He would still need a full year IMO to develop.   But this isn't Paxton V2, or Vince Young V2.     

I don't know that I'd want to trade up for him, but I think he will surprise people.   Especially if he goes to a team like NE.    Totally different skill set, but that would be as close to the JimmyG targeted developmental pick as I've seen, not the Brissett level pick.

WOW OMG Hayden Hurst to BAL.  DID NOT SEE THAT.

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Good call.   But I don't think Williams will fall out of Rd1.  I think someone trades for him at 30-32 to get that 5th year, given how reasonable it is for T's.

Archived