Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

Sneaky good option for Pittsburgh long-term is Jackson. I could certainly see it.

Also, very interesting Nicki Jhabvala saying we'll be taking a QB for sure this draft.

TBH I was thinking either QB at 5 or don't bother at all. Outside of the top few guys, I'm not sure your Mason Rudolph's and Kyle Lauletta's of this world represent an upgrade over Paxton Lynch. I'd rather just continue to develop Paxton if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Would really like Guice/Michel

My only objection to Guice is I think he's more of a power 2-down workhorse.  Today's NFL, the 3-down do it all back is the guy I want.    It's also why I don't really want Jones at all.   Give me the 3-down threats.    It would help our pass game so much to have a real 3-down threat that the D has to play honestly both ways.   Booker is an absolute pass-catching threat, but doesn't do enough in the run game to make D's respect the run.   

Guice is in the game, it's run.  Booker, it's pass.   Obviously we can change it up, but I'd rather have the RB that has D's guessing, and helps open the field for our WR's and TE.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

My only objection to Guice is I think he's more of a power 2-down workhorse.  Today's NFL, the 3-down do it all back is the guy I want.    It's also why I don't really want Jones at all.   Give me the 3-down threats.    It would help our pass game so much to have a real 3-down threat that the D has to play honestly both ways.   Booker is an absolute pass-catching threat, but doesn't do enough in the run game to make D's respect the run.   

Guice and Booker would be a great thunder and lightning type 1-2 punch, no?

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I think Guice gets a bad rep there. He's definitely a bruiser, but if Denver, who is rumored to like Freeman, is interested- he's a good choice. 

Just now, broncofan48 said:

Sounds like Philly wants to move back could be an option if there’s someone Denver really wants 

Problem is, do we really want to give up that late third or our early fourth, both of which could nab us a future starter? Enough good players on the board that we can nab a guy at 40.

Just now, paul-mac said:

Problem is, do we really want to give up that late third or our early fourth, both of which could nab us a future starter? Enough good players on the board that we can nab a guy at 40.

Oh I agree but early 4th to ensure we get he guy we want plus one more year of team control might be worth it

Archived