Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

Rapsheet now giving the scoop on Guice.   Total diva, immature, and unreported multiple incidents at LSU.   Yikes.  

I am all about getting value with off-the-field flags that are bogus, but the timing sucks.    Apparently Guice blew every visit he had with teams....lol.   Either he's one really bad-character dude...or there's some major league piling on going on. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

All kidding aside of Oliver is there at 71 I’d take him. I’m sure Matt Russell and his frat brother are in his corner. 

NE just moved up to get him.

While I don't like their T acquisition (only 1 year left, Trent Brown routinely shows up 50+ lbs overweight near 400 lbs, and did it again this year), and I never believe in taking RB Rd1 unless they are elite-level, generational talent, can't argue with getting Wynn, Michel & Oliver in a vacuum.  And they secured CHI's 2019 2nd rounder in the process. 

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

NE just moved up to get him.

While I don't like their T acquisition (only 1 year left, Trent Brown routinely shows up 50+ lbs overweight near 400 lbs, and did it again this year), and I never believe in taking RB Rd1 unless they are elite-level, generational talent, can't argue with getting Wynn, Michel & Oliver in a vacuum.  And they secured CHI's 2019 2nd rounder in the process. 

Atlanta just got him. 

So more on Guice from Mayock:

1.  Missed meetings with teams.  Missed flights.

2.  Maturity issues big-time.   Came off as a diva.

Not great, but now the kicker:

3.  Apparently there's an investigation that could prove to be "highly embarrassing/damaging" to him.  THAT is why GM"s are staying away.

Given #3, man, it's hard to spend any real capital on him.  #1 & #2 are bad...#3 is just no bueno.

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

LOL well there's not another franchise I would expect, except maybe Oakland or Cincy, to take the gamble. The whole Skins franchise is a clown car, so this should end well.

To be fair, they were thinking hard about him at Rd1 before this all came out ...so this probably is far enough for them to take the shot.

Archived