Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

The more I look at the big board, the more Kelly or OL seems to be the pick.

T - Crosby, Jamarco Jones, Desmond Harrison, Gerald Christian.  I just can't get on Orlando Brown, because of our altitude

G/C - Rankin

RB - Kelly, Freeman, Chase Edmonds

Don't see any CB or TE I'd want to pop this soon.  Sigh @ that.

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

I completely forgot about Shaqueem Griffin. I would take him at 71. What the hell, why not? We need ST talent and he can play. That would be freaking awesome

I had him more at 3.99/4.106.   Jewell/Jefferson & later, Burks, all fit the bill for what we are looking for (Jewell least physical tools, but incredible instincts). 

39 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

So more on Guice from Mayock:

1.  Missed meetings with teams.  Missed flights.

2.  Maturity issues big-time.   Came off as a diva.

Not great, but now the kicker:

3.  Apparently there's an investigation that could prove to be "highly embarrassing/damaging" to him.  THAT is why GM"s are staying away.

Given #3, man, it's hard to spend any real capital on him.  #1 & #2 are bad...#3 is just no bueno.

Be equated himself well on GMFB a couple weeks ago, I generally don’t like LSU players but I warmed up to him a little bit. Now I see why, his agent arranged that whole show to mitigate the damage. 

Just now, Counselor said:

Not really a fan

I would have taken Kelly.   But I get why they did it.   

I would have loved to go Goedert or CB Rd2, and pop Gallup now.   I think we might have been able to get Freeman at 3.99.  But obviously no way of knowing it.

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

CALLED THAT BAD BOY

Yup, the visit gave that away too.  Not 100 percent, but with only Kelly and Freeman & him left in the tier (I wanted no part of Ballage, great tools, ZERO good film), figured it was time, although now I think teams are going to back off RB after Kelly goes.   

I don't hate Day 2, because Elway's going after guys who actually have decent floors and some upside.  As opposed to total upside, and bust floor.

Hindsight says CB/Goedert & Gallup would have been there, though.   But if that's my A+ scenario, we're in B/B+ territory for Day 2....which again, would be the best result for Day 2 since 2011 by...a MILE.

Archived