Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I am glad we didn't take Ballage. That was a firm DND for me lol.

Some intrigue at 3.99. Do we take Josey Jewell? Kyle Lauletta/Mason Rudolph? A developmental OT? 

Agree 100 percent on Ballage.     He reminds me of the guy I fell in love with - Christine Michael.   Tools off the chart, but awful film.   And it's because the guy was 2 cents short of a 1-cent brain.    Which matters for RB's - you don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar, but you can't have low football IQ to succeed as a RB.   Ballage screams that to me.  You can't be that good athletically, and face his competition, and have tape THAT bad.   A big whew.

I think we wait on Lauletta.   

I think with 4.106 and 4.113 available, we let the draft board dictate.   

I would NOT be opposed to trading one of the 5's to move 4.113 into the 90's.   Get ILB and developmental OT taken care of.  Crosby would be AWESOME.

I will say from the visits, if we had gone DJ Chark and Ballage at RB/WR, I'd be having a stroke now.   So I'm so very glad we did not go there.

OK, T Christian just went.

This makes it easier for me - unless they all go, we should target T at 3.99.  Even consider moving 4.106 or 4.113 to the 80's/90's to double-dip.  

NOW is the time to get 2 picks tonight.   Do it Elway!  Get ILB & developmental T!

Like this draft so far.  There were some guys I’ve liked a bit better at #40 and #71, but Denver for the first time in awhile is taking good football players, with good (maybe not great in regards to Sutton/Freeman) physical numbers who had elite production at the college level.

IMO, thus far, the best draft for Elway since his first year in 2011. 

Just now, Zukhyubern said:

I actually really like Sutton, but can’t help be a bit bummed the Boys got Gallup. I think he’s going to be a top 10 receiver in this league...  

i will say that Sutton reminds me a lot of DT coming out of Georgia Tech. 

I get that with Sutton, but he doesn’t have Thomas’ elite speed.  He’s probably closer to current Thomas than DT in his prime, which is still a good player.

Someone on one of these networks compared him to Dez Bryant last night.  I think that’s a closer comparison if he plays with Bryant’s physicality.  Which he didn’t show in college.

1 hour ago, BaldyBronco said:

My point exactly.  Our greatest position of need.  In the deepest OG draft in years...And we are looking for the developmental tier...LOL

Does anyone know much about our PS guys?

Just now, germ-x said:

I get that with Sutton, but he doesn’t have Thomas’ elite speed.  He’s probably closer to current Thomas than DT in his prime, which is still a good player.

Someone on one of these networks compared him to Dez Bryant last night.  I think that’s a closer comparison if he plays with Bryant’s physicality.  Which he didn’t show in college.

Still sticking with my Alshon comp. He's a great high pointer, big(ish) frame, decent YAC guy with pretty sure hands. 

Archived