Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Still sticking with my Alshon comp. He's a great high pointer, big(ish) frame, decent YAC guy with pretty sure hands. 

Great comparison as well.

I think it’s forgotten how desperately Denver needs an outside WR.  Sutton was worth that pick and solid value.

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Great comparison as well.

I think it’s forgotten how desperately Denver needs an outside WR.  Sutton was worth that pick and solid value.

I think you're right. I see a lot of people on MHR and Twitter mad about the pick, but citing players like Sanders, Henderson, JORDAN TAYLOR as reasons we shouldn't take a WR. It's astonishing. We have a bunch of slot guys and not a lot of outside talent. Denver needs to be able to bring out the toughness more often, but I mean his production is rock solid. He's not a projectable guy, it's already clear what he can do outside.

Legwold posted a few names to watch- Okorafor, Desmond Harrison, and Crosby. Would think getting one of them at this point is the move just based on overall need.

Also, this draft has certainly told me a lot about how they feel about Connor McGovern and some of the younger CBs on the roster.

4 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I think you're right. I see a lot of people on MHR and Twitter mad about the pick, but citing players like Sanders, Henderson, JORDAN TAYLOR as reasons we shouldn't take a WR. It's astonishing. We have a bunch of slot guys and not a lot of outside talent. Denver needs to be able to bring out the toughness more often, but I mean his production is rock solid. He's not a projectable guy, it's already clear what he can do outside.

I hear sutton compared to dez alot I'm  happy we didnt get chark could of lived with miller tho. 

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Agreed.  Thomas turns 31 this year and has clearly slowed down.  He’s always relied on his physical gifts above the technical side of the game.  He still has some years left, but he isn’t 27 year old DT.

Sanders is on his way out.  Terrific addition by Elway, but this is his last year in Denver.  No way they pay him $10 million next year and he’ll be 32.

Jordan Taylor isn’t even relevant.  He’s a 4th or 5th WR.

Henderson and McKenzie (IF they workout) are slot guys.

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Does this move Sanders to the the slot?

I doubt it. I think Sutton may play some slot. Hell, they may still throw Henderson out there. 

Honestly, one thing that is good about the Sutton pick is that Henderson can be used in a more natural form. He's at his best with the ball in his hands in space. Denver can be creative with how they use him and not expect him to suddenly start running the full route tree immediately.

2 hours ago, BaldyBronco said:

It cannot go unsaid.  Elway once again missed a chance to build a real offensive line through the draft.  We are in trouble in the middle.  Its Connor Mcgovern ya'll

Well, we've got this great OL Coaching Staff that can turn water into wine so we really don't need talent.O.o

5 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Legwold posted a few names to watch- Okorafor, Desmond Harrison, and Crosby. Would think getting one of them at this point is the move just based on overall need.

Also, this draft has certainly told me a lot about how they feel about Connor McGovern and some of the younger CBs on the roster.

Harrison would be an inspired ceiling pick.   Crosby too.   

I'll say it again - I really think this is the time to consider moving up.  Get developmental T and get ILB.   With Burks off the board, it's down to Jewell and Griffin.   The 3 T's above (Senat is more of a Rd4-5 guy).

4 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Agreed.  Thomas turns 31 this year and has clearly slowed down.  He’s always relied on his physical gifts above the technical side of the game.  He still has some years left, but he isn’t 27 year old DT.

Sanders is on his way out.  Terrific addition by Elway, but this is his last year in Denver.  No way they pay him $10 million next year and he’ll be 32.

Jordan Taylor isn’t even relevant.  He’s a 4th or 5th WR.

Henderson and McKenzie (IF they workout) are slot guys.

4 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I doubt it. I think Sutton may play some slot. Hell, they may still throw Henderson out there. 

Honestly, one thing that is good about the Sutton pick is that Henderson can be used in a more natural form. He's at his best with the ball in his hands in space. Denver can be creative with how they use him and not expect him to suddenly start running the full route tree immediately.

I'm certainly not mad about the Sutton pick in a vacuum.   It's just the value argument is going to be a good one to track for a while.

We did what DAL did and go Williams/Gallup at 2.40 / 3.71 or go Goedert 2.40/Gallup 3.71, or Oliver/Gallup 3.71, those 3 picks could be an overall much higher-impact combo than Sutton 2.40/Freeman 3.71.   Pick 3.99 and 4.106-4.113 combo will flesh out this 5 pick sequence, but the first 2 picks do have a domino effect on the next 3 picks, since now need factors in a lot more, given that gaps become so much smaller between guys.   

5 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

My god I want Okorafor here. His tools are unreal. If this new OL coach is worth his salt, they'll have this guy technically sound pretty quick.

Yeah, I'm totally fine with him too.  But Harrison I'd argue has a similar or even higher ceiling.  Just weed is such a problem with him.  Again, I could care less about that, it's a dumb rule but you can't fail multiple tests.   It's the rule, just follow it.    Without that flag, he's the most talented T left, hands-down.  Unlike knuckleheads like Callaway, though, he's been clean since getting kicked out of Texas.  That's why I think he represents a huge value pick.

Archived