Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

2 more picks to 3.99.   T or ILB?   ILB or T?   Man.  

Because Elway said he'd address ILB for sure in the draft....let's go ILB.    I want Harrison the most...but Griffen/Jewell seem to be the guys Elway will target.

I think we have to wait to 4.113 or later for CB.   Anthony Averett might be the one exception, since he visited.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

2 more picks to 3.99.   T or ILB?   ILB or T?   Man.  

Because Elway said he'd address ILB for sure in the draft....let's go ILB.    I want Harrison the most...but Griffen/Jewell seem to be the guys Elway will target.

I think we have to wait to 4.113 or later for CB.   Anthony Averett might be the one exception, since he visited.

I think CB, OT, LB are all possibilities. I don't think TE is in play 

Just now, broncos67 said:

I think CB, OT, LB are all possibilities. I don't think TE is in play 

No way TE now until Rd5 IMO.   Our window passed at 2.40.

I have a funny feeling this will be a "who?" pick by Elway.   I do think it's CB, T or ILB for sure.  I don't really want Averett.  Tape is so meh.  Hate that.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

No way TE now until Rd5 IMO.   Our window passed at 2.40.

I have a funny feeling this will be a "who?" pick by Elway.   I do think it's CB, T or ILB for sure.  I don't really want Averett.  Tape is so meh.  Hate that.

This is too early for Averett IMO

So we went CB.    Isaac Yiadom.   Fits the profile, great ST gunner, but needs at least 1-2 years of development.   

Man, now I'm really sad we went WR 2.40, with 3.99 and Kelly still on the board..  Oliver 2.40 / Gallup 3.71 / Kelly 3.99 (and since no RB has gone since, wonder if Freeman would have made it to 3.99 too, but Kelly for sure does) would have been the dream scenario IMO.   

Nothing against Sutton & Freeman in a vacuum, but the Big Board sequencing matters.   

Overall, I think Day 2 is a B, which is nothing to sneeze at.   Given the A pick with Chubb....I'm not that upset, just wistful at the missed opp with WR 2.40.

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

He does have good size, maybe I'm overreacting but....

I mean with some of the names on the board it seems like it.  I didn’t watch the prospects that I usually try to this year and this is the 1st pick I literally know nothing about.  But he was projected in the 3rd-4th round by most.

4 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Isaac Yiadom, CB, Boston College is the pick.

Long, rangy boundary corner with strong abilities in press/zone. That could be an intriguing developmental pick. Don't hate it. Not jumping out of my chair, but he's solid.

Just read he's a good ST guy also.

Archived