Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

Yep.  Elway going with football players instead of upside.

Just now, jolly red giant said:

There is our ILB

I think we can now say definitively say that Elway has learned from his past mistakes.

For me - I am going to give Kubiak some credit for that.

I don't know if it's Kubiak - but OMG, it's a loooooong time coming.  

Jewell is the total antithesis of what Elway would have done...even a year ago.  So stoked, THAT is a major upgrade on ILB.

G-men take Lauletta.  Great, let's get our T now.

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

I know Jewell isn't the fastest dude, but his instincts are off the charts. Also, a 3-year team captain? Give me that. The guy is a machine in the middle. I could not be happier about how this day has started.

This is total hindsight take - but if we knew we'd get Jewell ILB, Elway probably doesn't re-sign Todd Davis.   Now, next year he can let Marshall walk, and keep Davis, but I've been banging the drum to just let Davis walk and get ILB.  This totally was best-case scenario to maximize our return - not reaching too soon to get Jewell.   THAT is also a credit to Elway - no crazy reaches so far.   It's so refreshing to see.

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

My board for 4.6 and 4.13 is:

Tyrell Crosby

Shaq Griffin

Deasean Hamilton

Ian Thomas

Kyle Lauletta

Desmond Harrison

JC Jackson

I'm starting to think we won't pick any OL. I looked at our roster yesterday and we've got handful of guys I'd never really heard of at OT and a couple more in the interior. All of 'em have the size to play.

I found pre draft evaluations on some of them and a common comment was "needs a year or two of development, strength, technique, etc." This late in the draft I doubt we'll find any O Lineman better than the PS kids we've got right now.

If anyone knows anything about these kids I'd liketo hear it.

1 minute ago, iLikeDefense said:

Not gonna lie but I would have liked Lauletta.

Yeah, me too...but he's got even more risk than the Rd1 guys, and getting Jewell was awesome.

I wouldn't have gone CB, and taken T Harrison 3.99 in this draft with how it's gone & Jewell 4.106, to be clear.     Then get either CB who's left at 4.113, if we didn't like the QB there. 

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I'm starting to think we won't pick any OL. I looked at our roster yesterday and we've got handful of guys I'd never really heard of at OT and a couple more in the interior. All of 'em have the size to play.

I found pre draft evaluations on some of them and a common comment was "needs a year or two of development, strength, technique, etc." This late in the draft I doubt we'll find any O Lineman better than the PS kids we've got right now.

If anyone knows anything about these kids I'd liketo hear it.

Harrison & Crosby would be great targets.   Crosby is only a RT, but he can move inside.   We could use that versatility.

Harrison I love because he has the full LT/RT skillset.  His problem is weed, he got kicked out by Charlie Strong because of that.  But after transferring out, he's been totally trouble-free for the last 2 years.   THAT gives me a different look, as weed is a dumb policy, but you have to follow it - and he's done it.

Veldheer is no lock to make it through the season, we would be really well served to have a Crosby/Harrison on the roster IMO.

Mase just tweeted a great tidbit about Jewell. He was on Iowa's leadership council for all 4 years (including as a freshman) and was named a permanent team captain. Character has been a theme with ALL of our picks. Chubb showed up wearing suits to his interviews to show how serious he was taking his career. Sutton has been praised for being an extremely high character guy. Royce Freeman, same thing. Yiadom, same thing. And now Jewell. I love it.

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Mase just tweeted a great tidbit about Jewell. He was on Iowa's leadership council for all 4 years (including as a freshman) and was named a permanent team captain. Character has been a theme with ALL of our picks. Chubb showed up wearing suits to his interviews to show how serious he was taking his career. Sutton has been praised for being an extremely high character guy. Royce Freeman, same thing. Yiadom, same thing. And now Jewell. I love it.

So I'm guessing Callaway wasn't on our draft list.  LOL.

Archived