Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Mase just tweeted a great tidbit about Jewell. He was on Iowa's leadership council for all 4 years (including as a freshman) and was named a permanent team captain. Character has been a theme with ALL of our picks. Chubb showed up wearing suits to his interviews to show how serious he was taking his career. Sutton has been praised for being an extremely high character guy. Royce Freeman, same thing. Yiadom, same thing. And now Jewell. I love it.

This reminds me of Shanahan's last draft ten years ago (when he decided to stress character much more than in past drafts).

I'd really think hard about trading up to the 120's with both of our 5th rounders.  Get 1 of Harrison/Crosby if they are there. 

As much as I hate getting a guy who is slot-only because C-Henderson's only future role other than gadget guy is slot - this just means Elway & co. are cutting bait on the idea C-Henderson will be anything more than a gadget guy.  It basically confirms the 3.82 pick as a bust IMO - that's awful value.  But on the other hand, if you know it already, then better to cut bait with a bad idea - it's a sunk cost, so moving on makes a lot of sense.

Archived