Round 1 Talk

Johnny Nix

12 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Nah.  DL.  Really hoping we land Hurst...

Not really seeing them going DT since they signed Baker. Still hopeful Glasgow could be something, and I don't think the team is ready to give up on Billings yet (but I doubt he's the answer).

9 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Depends whose on the board. Hernandez would be sweet 

I think its very possible he slides down to them. Only other guards I like though is Austin Corbett and Connor Williams. Maybe they go an OT or LB instead. To me, those are my top 3 needs.

45 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

And Watson also got a season ending injury last year because.......yeah you guessed it, the crappy OL. Infact, the Texans OL was the worst in the league, giving up the most sacks in the NFL. Watson has a bright future if he stays healthy, but there's always an IF.

Yeah, but DeShaun Watson had knee issues before the NFL (prior torn LCLs and ACL if I'm not mistaken). Will the QB get beat up a little, sure. But just because player A (who has significant injury history) gets hurt, does not mean player B will get hurt. Especially when Jackson has held up for several years in a big time college program. 

I assume the steelers got confused and thought they were drafting the younger brother.   Price is easier to talk myself into than the average pick.  He and Ragnow had a lot of the same intangibles of leadership and work ethic that you want your center.  He's probably going to be the best center we've had since Braham next year.  Can't even say we should have traded back for value as Frank was gone and we were not in a position to fool around at center any more.  Also, injury doesn't bother me.  Dude never missed a game and will be healthy for training camp.

As far as tomorrow, no guard please.  Maybe a right tackle, definitely someone who can cover backs or tight ends and someone who can rush the qb.

20 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

A lot of talent left on the board for us:

• Maurice Hurst
  • Harold Landry
  • Jost Sweat
  • Will Hernandez
  • James Daniels
  • Connor Williams
  • Harrison Phillips
  • Justin Reid

I'm sure I'm missing some.  But I'd be happy with any of those...

Just based on your list, I'm liking Phillips, Hurst or Reid

Really did not care at all for this pick - much preferred Daniels OR Wynn. Hell, I would have preferred Lamar even. 

Price has a very concerning injury - there's no guarantee he'll be ready for the start of the year or that he'll be able to hold up this season. It's not like he's able to do much in the way of upper body workouts right now; he's likely coming into camp weaker than usual. He is overly aggressive in his blocks and his pass protection is average at best. 

He's an upgrade to Bodine, and I like his mean steak/demeanor, but I think we could have gotten him or a similar prospect at 46. 

I personally think Lamar Jackson is the real deal and hated seeing the Ravens get him. Felt like the cherry on top of a crap sundae. 

Lot of really good prospects currently available. Would be happy with another OL (Daniels, Hernandez, Williams, Corbett, Crosby), Landry, Reid, Harrison, Jackson, Hurst, Hubbard... If we get one of them that will take a bit of the sting out of this pick for me.

Archived