Round 1 Talk

Johnny Nix

58 minutes ago, Hokie said:

I think we could have gotten him or a similar prospect at 46.

The reason I'm not too upset is that Hurst, Landry and several other studs are still on the board.  So could we have taken Hurst at #21 then Price at #46? Sure.  But if we get Hurst at 46, then I'm not complaining.

Still a long draft to go.  Also, we don't need a DB in the 2nd.  RG/RT, DT, and LB I would say are higher priority.  Granted I would be fine with a DB, but I highly doubt they'll get much playing time unless there's an injury...

4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

The reason I'm not too upset is that Hurst, Landry and several other studs are still on the board.  So could we have taken Hurst at #21 then Price at #46? Sure.  But if we get Hurst at 46, then I'm not complaining.

Still a long draft to go.  Also, we don't need a DB in the 2nd.  RG/RT, DT, and LB I would say are higher priority.  Granted I would be fine with a DB, but I highly doubt they'll get much playing time unless there's an injury...

They said they want to play more 3 safety looks 

28 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Did they actually say it tho?  I thought it was more like speculation when they brought Reid in for a free agent visit

I think I read it in a Hobson piece that the D coordinator wanted to play more 3 safety looks 

Reading a bunch of press stuff on the Price pick, and damn you have to love his attitude.  I said it before the draft that he'd be a Whitworth like presence in the locker room when it comes to personality and leadership, and I still believe that.

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Reading a bunch of press stuff on the Price pick, and damn you have to love his attitude.  I said it before the draft that he'd be a Whitworth like presence in the locker room when it comes to personality and leadership, and I still believe that.

Just hope his play can meet that same Whitworth level 

After thinking it over, I expect this pick to be a good one. The Bengals have had a bad history of taking 1st round picks that have injury concerns though, but if he stays healthy, Price will be a nice solid piece to the OL. Him being able to play OG means that James Daniels could still be into play if he somehow slipped to 47. He seems like a very good run blocker, but will need to improve his pass protection. That's good news for Joe Mixon.

In what world is a guy who never missed a game but got hurt lifting weights suddenly an injury concern?  ragnow was a late riser because he sustained a high ankle sprain that he chose to correct surgically in October.  That's not an injury concern either.  Ross, on the other hand, had a litany of lower body issues leading into his draft.  That is a concern.

Semantics, maybe.  But the narrative about Price couldn't be further from the truth.  I just happened to \want ragnow more, from the jump.

Archived