2018 NFL Draft thread - A New (false) Hope

Thelonebillsfan

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

So IF Darnold is there at 2 and IF that is who the Bills want, what is the most you guys would give up?

If hes the guy that beane sees him as the franchise guy then its whatever it takes to get him. Everyone can moan and groan that they gave up to much but when a team is consistently in the playoffs because of darnold then no one is going to question it. My guess would be 12 22 2nd rd pick 3rd rd pick and next years 2nd or 3 1st rd picks

27 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

How dare you make a new thread after someone made one last night!!!

Lol. I guess since it’s tradition we will roll with TLBF thread. Did TLBF create the EJ Manuel draft day thread? Maybe we need to change up the mojo on second thought. Lol jk. 

There are so many reports going around my head is spinning. A couple of days ago a report came out saying the Giants weren’t going to trade back and now there’s a report that the Giants want to trade down. Who knows! Can we fast forward 7.5 hours? I am getting sick of reports and speculation.

37 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Adita Kinkhabwala once again on NFL N said that their is a QB Beane likes but he won't trade up for just any QB. Leads me to believe Rudolph really is in play at pick 22.

Hopefully the QB is Darnold or Rosen.

Its mind games at this point, its saying yes we have a qb in mind but we arent going all in and overpaying to get him. Settling for Rudolph would be a mistake IMO just like they settled for Losman and settled for EJ just to fill the hole. I like Beane and think he is dedicated to one player rather then plugging in a position. If that player is gone then you change up the draft and go your player at pick 12 and 22 even if its not QB. would hate to see them settle for someone just to fill the hole rather then going Best Prospect.

30 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

would hate to see them settle for someone just to fill the hole rather then going Best Prospect.

I don't think Beane sees Rudolph at 22 as settling. There may just be one QB he would trade up for, doesn't mean there isn't one he would take at 12 or 22. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

So IF Darnold is there at 2 and IF that is who the Bills want, what is the most you guys would give up?

I draw my line at next years first. We have 5 picks this year, that's more than enough if you include a 2nd next year, but I absolutely do not give up next years first.

La Canfora for as bad as his takes are, is one of the better draft guys in terms of being plugged in. Here was his mock draft:

BUF.png5. Buffalo Bills (DEN trade)

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLAThey did some late work on Rosen, doubling back with people who know him well, going over his personality and how to reach him and connect with him. He is the most pro ready -- and he'll play from Day 1 in Buffalo. GM Brandon Beane didn't make all these trades not to make sure he gets a top passer. 

Archived