2018 NFL Draft thread - A New (false) Hope

Thelonebillsfan

Well I am certainly disappointed with the pick as most of you. Nothing we can do at this point except hope for the best. I cant complain as they had the option to select either Rosen or Allen the guys who have spent almost 11 months scouting these qbs have seen something in Allen over Rosen. My complaint is why did they give up so much to go to 7 when there were both qbs on the board the chances of him falling to 12 were higher or atleast jump to 9 with less picks. They could have given up 53 and 96 insted of 53 and 56.

What I did notice last night even after the childish tweets, he came out saying he will explain to his teammates and is grateful to be apart of the Bills organization. You then flip to Rosen's press conference and the first thing he said was he was pissed and that he will prove to the 9 other teams for a decade on how they were wrong. He also said that he was gonna have to put a fake smile one once picked. That bothered me as he didnt seem great full to be in the NFL or a Cardinal he was to focused on telling people they were  wrong for not taking him. If he makes comments like this what happens when Sam Bradford beat him out for starter or if they lose a game because of defense or run game, is he going to be a good teammate or a diva Qb, which I am leaning to the later at this point. 

Trumain Edmonds is going to be a beast that made up for the Allen pick, again nothing I can do about that pick but so glad they found this stud at 16. 

Bills front office said they are happy with the oline they have even if i disagree they think it is best. I still think a wr needs to come in hopefully dez or maclin on a 1 year deal as they desperately need it.

10 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

True fans will rally around Josh Allen. What makes this pick sting most is the fact that Rosen was still there, had he not been, I think our reaction wouldn't be so negative. I don't think we needed to move up so much for him. Rate it a C- all things considered.

Tremaine Edmunds though... damn... I never thought he'd make it as far as he did. He is an absolute beast. He's a perfect fit for our defense. Can't wait to see what he does. A+ pick here, not at all an exaggeration.

You really wanted Rosen, who is so injury prone that they are comparing him to Sam Bradford, who cannot stay on the playing field for more than a couple of games a season, if that??? What good is talent if you are injured all the time??? Rosen would have been a desperation pick which is why Arizona took him, they are desperate, because they only have Sam Bradford as their QB and I do not think anybody believes he can play 16 games a season or more!!!

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well I am certainly disappointed with the pick as most of you. Nothing we can do at this point except hope for the best. I cant complain as they had the option to select either Rosen or Allen the guys who have spent almost 11 months scouting these qbs have seen something in Allen over Rosen. My complaint is why did they give up so much to go to 7 when there were both qbs on the board the chances of him falling to 12 were higher or atleast jump to 9 with less picks. They could have given up 53 and 96 insted of 53 and 56.

What I did notice last night even after the childish tweets, he came out saying he will explain to his teammates and is grateful to be apart of the Bills organization. You then flip to Rosen's press conference and the first thing he said was he was pissed and that he will prove to the 9 other teams for a decade on how they were wrong. He also said that he was gonna have to put a fake smile one once picked. That bothered me as he didnt seem great full to be in the NFL or a Cardinal he was to focused on telling people they were  wrong for not taking him. If he makes comments like this what happens when Sam Bradford beat him out for starter or if they lose a game because of defense or run game, is he going to be a good teammate or a diva Qb, which I am leaning to the later at this point. 

Trumain Edmonds is going to be a beast that made up for the Allen pick, again nothing I can do about that pick but so glad they found this stud at 16. 

Bills front office said they are happy with the oline they have even if i disagree they think it is best. I still think a wr needs to come in hopefully dez or maclin on a 1 year deal as they desperately need it.

I completely disagree, if they had not paid the price to move up to where they did, Rosen would be our QB after Arizona moved up past us and he is so immobile, he will be lucky to stay healthy for half of every season and as a result, he will never, ever reach his potential!!!

21 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I completely disagree, if they had not paid the price to move up to where they did, Rosen would be our QB after Arizona moved up past us and he is so immobile, he will be lucky to stay healthy for half of every season and as a result, he will never, ever reach his potential!!!

How do you know if Cardinals wanted him over rosen? You just assume they did but we actually have no evidence unless they show the world their draft board which they wont. Im just saying that they overpaid to get to 7, they were looking to make the move to 5 which would make sense for the price. Denver bailed and took chubb, the bills scrambled and probably stuck with the same offer 2 picks later rather then adjusting it to a 2nd and 3rd. 

The outsider rival perspective none of you asked for:

Edmunds - Great pick even giving up the extra pick to move up, I think he'll be a machine at SAM, I could see him only playing 400 or so snaps this season though. This is a long-term pick. I give it an A-

Allen - I had him as the 5th QB and a huge project I personally think will fail. I was really hoping the Jets would take him. Giving up extra picks to get him as well... is no beuno. I give it a D-

38 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

You really wanted Rosen, who is so injury prone that they are comparing him to Sam Bradford, who cannot stay on the playing field for more than a couple of games a season, if that??? What good is talent if you are injured all the time??? Rosen would have been a desperation pick which is why Arizona took him, they are desperate, because they only have Sam Bradford as their QB and I do not think anybody believes he can play 16 games a season or more!!!

Yes, I wanted Rosen. He's the best pure passer in the draft. Have your opinion on his injuries and they're bearing on his future if you want, but I don't want that to scare me from getting the next potential Aaron Rodgers. That's my opinion.

Josh Allen isn’t as bad as people think he is. Jordan Palmer made a ton of good points. Josh didn’t have receivers that were able to make plays on the ball like the other 3 guys did. He played in an offense with minimal bubble screens and flat routes that the others gained percentage points on. 

Jordan said that after going through every snap of football that he was amazed that he even reached 56% completion percentage.

Also another good point, Buffalo will be the biggest city he’s ever lived in, and weather won’t scare him off. 

56 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Yes, I wanted Rosen. He's the best pure passer in the draft. Have your opinion on his injuries and they're bearing on his future if you want, but I don't want that to scare me from getting the next potential Aaron Rodgers. That's my opinion.

So a guy with a injury history, poor attitude and character questions is gonna hit his ceiling of Aaron Rodgers potentially, but everyone writing off Josh Allen as the next Brock Osweiler / JaMarcus Russell as some stated on FF?

Majority of online feedback likes Josh Allen for us but this forum is in chaos ?

3 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

First thing I do if I'm Josh Allen today is get Beane to give me every black player on the teams # and try and set up a pow wow to clear the air and affirm "I said a horrible word, it's unacceptable, I take full accountability and responsibility for my words and I swear to you all that's not who I am and not who I will be". Gonna be a real test to him of his leadership and character before he's even gotten into an OTA yet.

I am hopeful that he proves me wrong, obviously, but it's so damn hard to find optimism about this. He'd better not see a single snap this year.

Apologize for reciting rap lyrics ? Or am I missing something ?

15 hours ago, #39 Fan said:

WOW.

Beane saved the second first, moved up, and got my favorite player in the draft. All I can say is WOW. 

A+ round one for the Bills. I wanted Edmunds when he started falling to my Rams, even if it cost next years first, our 3rd and multiple fourths. Good stuff gents. Know many of you didn’t love the Allen over Rosen move, but from where I’m sitting, both are homeruns. 

Actually Allan's grade was a C- nationally.  

12 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So a guy with a injury history, poor attitude and character questions is gonna hit his ceiling of Aaron Rodgers potentially, but everyone writing off Josh Allen as the next Brock Osweiler / JaMarcus Russell as some stated on FF?

Majority of online feedback likes Josh Allen for us but this forum is in chaos ?

Study that came out early last week showed that historically college QBs hit their ceiling in college not the pros. 

6 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Everyone writing him off? Nah man, there's a handful of supporters here. This forum is not in chaos either. I'm not sure who you're referring to as the "majority of online feedback", but a lot of the educated Bills fanbase I follow on twitter is rightfully concerned, media as well. 

Josh Allen has legit concerns (ones that can be difficult to correct) and we have a right to express those as much as you do with Rosen's concerns.

I preferred Rosen. I love the Bills enough to give Allen a fair chance and I hope he succeeds. I think at the end of the day, that's where all of us will be with him. He's a like-able kid with a ton of potential. He's ours now and I'll be rooting for him. But I can still say I preferred Rosen like many here did. I will be more than happy to be wrong when Allen ends up better than Rosen.

1 minute ago, NickChowaniec said:

Everyone writing him off? Nah man, there's a handful of supporters here. This forum is not in chaos either. I'm not sure who you're referring to as the "majority of online feedback", but a lot of the educated Bills fanbase I follow on twitter is rightfully concerned, media as well. 

Josh Allen has legit concerns (ones that can be difficult to correct) and we have a right to express those as much as you do with Rosen's concerns.

I preferred Rosen. I love the Bills enough to give Allen a fair chance and I hope he succeeds. I think at the end of the day, that's where all of us will be with him. He's a like-able kid with a ton of potential. He's ours now and I'll be rooting for him. But I can still say I preferred Rosen like many here did. I will be more than happy to be wrong when Allen ends up better than Rosen.

Yea I preferred Rosen as well and I had concerns with both, but I'm seeing alot of illogical post that might be due to disappointment. I'd like people to hopefully get past the idea of automatically assuming the kid is gonna bust.

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

Yea I preferred Rosen as well and I had concerns with both, but I'm seeing alot of illogical post that might be due to disappointment. I'd like people to hopefully get past the idea of automatically assuming the kid is gonna bust.

I hope so too. We all should want him to be successful, disappointed or not. 

Tell you what though, I was hoping to buy our QB's jersey right away, but I'm going to hold off and get Edmunds. Never thought I'd have a chance to do that haha.

2 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I hope so too. We all should want him to be successful, disappointed or not. 

Tell you what though, I was hoping to buy our QB's jersey right away, but I'm going to hold off and get Edmunds. Never thought I'd have a chance to do that haha.

Edmunds was great pick.

We're done til end of round 3 now ?

Archived