2018 NFL Draft thread - A New (false) Hope

Thelonebillsfan

24 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

We are really avoiding WR and OL

Very concerned, but I trust this administration

I feel like we still need help there thoug

Can't remember where I read it, but I recall McBean saying he was fine with our OL grouping. I don't think it will be addressed unless there is a possible project at G late...very late. Gotta be WR and St. Brown and Wilson are still available. I'd take either of those guys.

A lot of draftnits on twitter are praising this Teller pick. Saying he is a nasty mauler and will definitely compete for a starting Guard spot from day 1. 

Dawkins-Teller-Groy-Ducasse/Miller-Mills is not a terrible O-line by any means. Newhouse and Bodine as depth.

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

A lot of draftnits on twitter are praising this Teller pick. Saying he is a nasty mauler and will definitely compete for a starting Guard spot from day 1. 

Dawkins-Teller-Groy-Ducasse/Miller-Mills is not a terrible O-line by any means. Newhouse and Bodine as depth.

He's supposed to be a good fit for our power scheme, but there are questions about his desire due to dropoff in play last year. No idea why that's said and no mention of possible injury or ???. Was expected to go 3rd-4th round, so got value again. That's good.

Still 2 teams with needs at WR before our next pick. Man, we need someone to add to the competition there.

3 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

but there are questions about his desire due to dropoff in play last year. No idea why that's said and no mention of possible injury or ???

I was wondering about this too. Was last year his first year at Guard? If so I wonder if he just took time to adjust and/or was upset about not playing LT.

Either way, I have watched some highlights of him just burying people which is awesome.

5 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

So, I like this WR pick of McCloud worse than the Allen pick. Seems like a special teamer and there were players with actual real production as a true WR left on the board.

Benjamin, Jones, Kerley, Holmes Reilly and Dupre will dominate this season.

I actually see no issues with his production. Especially when he had Watson.

14 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Benjamin, Jones, Kerley, Holmes Reilly and Dupre will dominate this season.

I actually see no issues with his production. Especially when he had Watson.

Well, I see McCloud at least played outside some, so there's that.

29 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

So, I like this WR pick of McCloud worse than the Allen pick. Seems like a special teamer and there were players with actual real production as a true WR left on the board.

I agree on McCloud, but its a 6th rounder so no harm if he doesn't do much.

I really preferred Lazard and St. Brown as the big possession receivers, but I'll give McCloud a chance.

Archived