2018 NFL Draft thread - A New (false) Hope

Thelonebillsfan

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

what is that based off exactly? self pity? just see how it plays out.... i mean i know we have a bunch of super talented internet scouts that got scammed out of nfl jobs but as time went om rosen was clearly the 4th option for the teams picking early.

He could become Ben Roethlisberger as well

what is that based off exactly? self pity? just see how it plays out.... i mean i know we have a bunch of super talented internet scouts that got scammed out of nfl jobs but as time went om rosen was clearly the 4th option for the teams picking early.

The fact we've seen guys who struggle with accuracy fail time and time again. Allen could be a home run but he could much more likely be a huge bust like Jamarcus Russel or Hackenburg.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm not gonna just support the pick because hope and dreams. We made a terrible draft choice, we traded up to make a valuable draft choice, and now we're stuck with yet another terrible project QB.

How long have you been working for an NFL team? with all the resources available to them, including access to the actual players, you could say this and maybe it would hold some water. If not, then what is it based off. Your extensive internet scouting career?

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

The fact we've seen guys who struggle with accuracy fail time and time again. Allen could be a home run but he could much more likely be a huge bust like Jamarcus Russel or Hackenburg.

We are due for a home run tbh.

Andy Dalton to Tyler Boyd!!! Year of the Bills home runs.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

That Josh Allen couldn't complete more than 50% of his passes at a JUCO school. That Josh Allen has serious issues with timing based routes. That Josh Allen has never shown good deep or intermediate accuracy despite the cannon arm. That Josh Allen will need to sit, bare minimum, a year just to hope that he's a franchise Quarterback.

Your second comment is patronizing, condescending and demeans our intelligence that we can't make our own judgements and should be simply beholden to NFL conventional logic and the decisions of scouts. Professionals are not infallible, they get this stuff wrong all the time, and I am allowed and others are allowed to formulate their own opinions based on events as they onfold and reasons why.

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

or... he couldnt. You dont know, especially if youre just basing it off comp %. let it play out, this whole "he could work out but probably wont" thing doesnt change hes the guy and just comes off as whiny.

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

How long have you been working for an NFL team? with all the resources available to them, including access to the actual players, you could say this and maybe it would hold some water. If not, then what is it based off. Your extensive internet scouting career?

Then why the **** do you post here? Why does this forum exist? This forum was created for people to debate and discuss the NFL draft. My ******* god you are constantly and consistently such a condescending *** when people have ANY kind of opinion about a team in any sport with regards to a player, it's so beyond old by now.

This is the Bills forum, Bills fans are discussing and have discussed and debated this pick for the last 4 months. Go to the Falcons forum and talk about your own team instead of wandering in here to be a jerk and just preach blind faith.

or... he couldnt. You dont know, especially if youre just basing it off comp %. let it play out, this whole "he could work out but probably wont" thing doesnt change hes the guy and just comes off as whiny.

Dude piss off. Every player could fail or succeed. Historically project QBs fail, there is indisputable evidence to that. I'm going to support him while his a Bill but I am very skeptical. I'm not being whiny, I'm just giving my opinion based on past drafts. 

Just got home to see we traded up and got Allen without losing our #22 or next year's 1st! Yeeeeessssssss!!! McBean is the man!

(C'mon reverse psychology...and beer. Lots of beer.)

Can we at least get Vander Esch at 22?!? Please?!?

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Yes. Blind faith. That's clearly the answer. God forbid somebody have any kind of negative feeling about anything sports related, we must be too stupid to know better.

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

What's next ?

OL ? WR ? LB ?

Everything I read seems to be that guard from Georgia.

Personally, I don't love the positional value of a 4-3 LB in the 1st unless they are an elite, but I'd be happy with any of the positions you mentioned tbh.

Archived