2018 NFL Draft thread - A New (false) Hope

Thelonebillsfan

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

That Josh Allen couldn't complete more than 50% of his passes at a JUCO school. That Josh Allen has serious issues with timing based routes. That Josh Allen has never shown good deep or intermediate accuracy despite the cannon arm. That Josh Allen will need to sit, bare minimum, a year just to hope that he's a franchise Quarterback.

Your second comment is patronizing, condescending and demeans our intelligence that we can't make our own judgements and should be simply beholden to NFL conventional logic and the decisions of scouts. Professionals are not infallible, they get this stuff wrong all the time, and I am allowed and others are allowed to formulate their own opinions based on events as they onfold and reasons why.

Not to jump ahead, but you were kinda being sensitive if you felt you were demeaned by my post. However, i do mean to demean you if you think his stats matter as a freshman 4 years ago. whats youre credentials to be able to judge any of that stuff, what fil, have you watched, what was allen like in interviews?

Just now, Tk3 said:

Everything I read seems to be that guard from Georgia.

Personally, I don't love the positional value of a 4-3 LB in the 1st unless they are an elite, but I'd be happy with any of the positions you mentioned tbh.

Honestly don't care. They're all needs and we can get good players thereĀ 

I was in the old place banging the table that EJ Manuel was a terrible pick because he was a project QB with terrible accuracy who couldn't throw timing routes. But he was big, strong armed and prototypical. He would learn. The GM and the scouts knew he was the pick and I should trust them.

Surprise, EJ Manuel is a monumental bust.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Not to jump ahead, but you were kinda being sensitive if you felt you were demeaned by my post. However, i do mean to demean you if you think his stats matter as a freshman 4 years ago. whats youre credentials to be able to judge any of that stuff, what fil, have you watched, what was allen like in interviews?

You're an *******, and deserve to be banned.

Have a good one.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

What does Allen's interviews have any impact to throw a ball and read defenses in real time. There are a lot of things to worry about and the upside isnt worth the risk in my opinion and it's not really close.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Everything I read seems to be that guard from Georgia.

Personally, I don't love the positional value of a 4-3 LB in the 1st unless they are an elite, but I'd be happy with any of the positions you mentioned tbh.

I'm good with Daniels, Price, Wynn or Hernandez at 22

Darius Leonard to start the 3rd.

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

What does Allen's interviews have any impact to throw a ball and read defenses in real time. There are a lot of things to worry about and the upside isnt worth the risk in my opinion and it's not really close.

he can explain what the play call was, what he was thinking, etc. you dont think interviews for bs of all postiuons are important? not gonna debate allens ability to read a defense cause the fact is neither of us know. All im syaying is trust the guys that get paid to do this made the right decision. At he very least, from what was reported a lot of teams picking eraly perferred allen over rosen.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I was in the old place banging the table that EJ Manuel was a terrible pick because he was a project QB with terrible accuracy who couldn't throw timing routes. But he was big, strong armed and prototypical. He would learn. The GM and the scouts knew he was the pick and I should trust them.

Surprise, EJ Manuel is a monumental bust.

get this guy a gm job immediately. he (supposedly) got one guess right.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

get this guy a gm job immediately. he (supposedly) got one guess right.

Then lets just delete the site and talk about nothing. That's the only thing left to do then, no decision any of these FO's or coaching staffs make can be wrong, ever. That's your logic, so a discussion board is redundant and meaningless.

So.

Why are you still here? Oh right, trying to be a jerk.

Archived