Browns will select Baker Mayfield

DeSean Jackson

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Out of the top four QBs, I think Baker Mayfield is probably the most likely to succeed.  He has great accuracy, has leadership qualities and seems like he would fully embrace the challenge of being the Browns QB.  I know he has some maturity issues, but he's a young guy and I'm not as worried.

Exactly how I feel. I wanted him in Black and Gold somehow.

Not sure I believe it, but don’t like it if true. Someone a few spots down would trade up for Darnold or Rosen and the Browns could get him still.  

Plus why would the Browns show their hand before the draft starts?  Not saying it wouldn’t be a Browns thing to do, but I just don’t believe it.

Haha at all the fortune tellers saying how this is a bad move if true, etc.  I wouldn't be surprised if Mayfield ends up being the most successful QB from this class. 

I mean can someone provide a reasonable opinion to why he won't be besides the fact that he's a little undersized from your prototypical NFL QB?

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Browns gonna Browns.

My exact thoughts... If the reports are correct that they're deciding between Allen and Mayfield, just take Allen at four since he'll probably be there. There have to be important people in the building talking about drafting Baker at #1 like, "Hey guys, you know this is dumb af, right?"

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Haha at all the fortune tellers saying how this is a bad move if true, etc.  I wouldn't be surprised if Mayfield ends up being the most successful QB from this class. 

I mean can someone provide a reasonable opinion to why he won't be besides the fact that he's a little undersized from your prototypical NFL QB?

Couldn't outrun a cop and got laid out. So, there's like... several negatives you can take from that statement.

Just now, Art_Vandalay said:

My exact thoughts... If the reports are correct that they're deciding between Allen and Mayfield, just take Allen at four since he'll probably be there. There have to be important people in the building talking about drafting Baker at #1 like, "Hey guys, you know this is dumb af, right?"

Same team that wanted to trade a 2nd and 3rd for AJ freakin McCarron who only had a half year left on his contract. This organization does not know what the hell they're doing at QB.

Archived